Promotions for Iowa Men's and Women's Hoops This Week

The student section was lacking against Illinois and it was very cold out.

I don't entirely blame the students. Unless you get there very early and are down close to the court, a lot of the seats aren't very good.

I don't entirely blame the students. Unless you get there very early and are down close to the court, a lot of the seats aren't very good.

Free tickets and a big name opponent...they have no excuse Thursday night. Its a huge game. Time for them to step up.

Now THIS sounds like a decent promo. Anything has to be better than that IDIOTIC "white out", last Sunday.

Be Bold, Wear Gold! Okay!. Black Out. Pretty Cool! Hell, even some gray theme could pass with the sleek uni's but a frickin' White Out??! Really? Penn State's iconic promo?o_O:mad:

Nonetheless, yours truly made a feeble attempt to get in the spirit and threw on a white button-down over the REAL stuff. It's the best I could do. (Seriously, whoda phuq has white Hawkeye gear?) :eek:

Thank God they were WHITE-hot from 3 cuz the participation rate was maybe 20% and we all looked stupid.

I've been bitching about this for years but it will probably never change. Get the kids in the seats close to the court, behind the benches, and get the old fart donors out of there.

The best college basketball venues are the ones that have the students close to the action.

For the third time this season, a student on Sunday hit a half-court shot during one of the game's timeouts. I think they get like 30 seconds to make one.

You know what they win? A $50 gift certificate. That seems lame to me. I don't know.

For the third time this season, a student on Sunday hit a half-court shot during one of the game's timeouts. I think they get like 30 seconds to make one.

You know what they win? A $50 gift certificate. That seems lame to me. I don't know.
I made the exact comment to the people next to me. That should have been worth $500 instead of fifty. And he came close on a half dozen other attempts, three of them hitting the rim.