Program Regression, Exhibit A

VenturaAce

No need to site any statistics, just jump on ESPN2 and watch a slow, unathletic, ill-prepared, out-coached team with a B1G championship momentum on the line, at home, on senior day...getting their tails kicked!

Disappointing, I have not even had to reference the much-scrutinized schemes either, which quite frankly don't matter much when you have inferior talent with a content coaching staff!

Last edited:
You are blowing this out of proportion if we didn't have those two turnovers it would be 20-14 so step away from the ledge...

Keep telling yourself the Iowa FB program is OK. I'll keep pulling my hair out watching them lose at Minnesota and at home vs. Michigan State with EVERYTHING to play for.

Remember, the B1G scheduling gods were pretty nice to us this year too!

You could have the same counter-argument in the Pitt game and we would have lost to them at home too! We were fortunate enough to pull that W out, it merely clouded our objectivity of who our team really is. I enjoyed the Pitt W, but it doesn't change the reality that our program is regressing.

It is stressful watching these guys play, but we aren't as terrible as you are making it sound.

Please tell me which adjective I used is inaccurate and I hope I can agree. And it's not just today, it's a trend of bad FB that is difficult for even me to refute what me eyes are seeing!

It's attrition and recruiting that is the problem. Iowa is slow and un-athletic on defense, especially the d-line.

3 stars guys improving into NFL players isn't going to happen every year. They need to get better players and that's a fact, and keep the kids they have here.

Not much talent and little depth is the problem.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FXU3RuX8eo]Third Eye Blind - Jumper (Official Music Video) HD - YouTube[/ame]

OP, you're just now seeing this? You see, while we continue to run the same schemes we ran back in 1999 the rest of the college football world has passed us by. Keep your fingers crossed...it's possible that we return to 8 win glory seasons by 2014...exciting!

Were not a bad team, just a psychotic one.

I agree. We don't make many penalties, but when we do they are deadly. We don't turn the ball over much, but when we do, it is brutal. Our offense plays very well when the defense is bad, and the defense usually picks up the offense when they're down, but they rarely excel at the same time.

This isn't a bad team, it is an inconsistent one.

Iowa has 2 good defensive linemen in Daniels and Binns. Outside that they are very bad.

Then you have the linebackers. Not one is good in coverage.

Iowa doesn't have the guys to make Norm's scheme work. They just don't.

Then throw in a regressing Prater and up and down Hyde and you are where Iowa is right now.

We lost to a good team that was +3 in the turnover margin. This was not Mn or ISU (we can be more upset about those kind of losses). We fought back from adversity this game and I am proud of the effort.

Please stop with the extreme negativity. We will recruit, improve. We will never have the talent to not play well and win. Accept that fact.

If we dont win another game we might not go to a bowl. No need to worry though, Kirk will still get a raise and an extension.

We lost to a good team that was +3 in the turnover margin. This was not Mn or ISU (we can be more upset about those kind of losses). We fought back from adversity this game and I am proud of the effort.

Please stop with the extreme negativity. We will recruit, improve. We will never have the talent to not play well and win. Accept that fact.

What excites you about the defense next season?

Latest posts