Proctor Out

Your last statement is an interesting one. I'm sure Saban and maybe even Harbaugh just say the mess the NIL was making of recruiting. Obviously, Harbaugh had issues with the NCAA anyway.

I think with this whole deal it validates a bit of what KF's complaints on the transfer portal and NIL that KF has alluded to. Why does he stay? Maybe it's KF being set in his ways that he believes he can try to run a program that is not affected by the drama.

I also think that Kirk is very set in his ways as we have many examples of. He doesn't deal with prima donna personalities well. He may in some ways be relieved not to be dealing with Proctor and his mom. Instead, he will sell the "next man in" philosophy.

All that being said, one thing I will give to KF is he has to love his guys and this program. The headaches that come along with running a sports program have multiplied with the NIL and transfer portal. Not many with his legacy and time in would want it.

And they clearly love him (not universally, but about as close as you can get to that in this day and age).

I don’t understand why Kirk wants to deal with this bullshit. He’s a wealthy man and if he leaves he’ll be coach emeritus essentially and we’ll all remember him fondly.
No crap! This a reason Saban said f**k it! I'm to old for this s**t! Ncaa created a shit show for years while feeding their corporate guts and buying longer belts every year! Don't know s**t about his character nor do I care. When someone shows their cards to often you end up figuring it out though. I also believe that society in a whole has been another reason. People want it now, no working for it. Set a standard and when some can't reach it what happens, standard lowered. Participation trophy for all. Hurt feelings and safe spaces. Who knew a game could cause so much aggravation and disarray!

I don’t understand why Kirk wants to deal with this bullshit. He’s a wealthy man and if he leaves he’ll be coach emeritus essentially and we’ll all remember him fondly.
You have to be a sociopath to be a football coach at the P5 level after you’ve made generational wealth doing it. It’s a 120 hour a week job that takes you away from your family where you have zero privacy, you and your family are under constant scrutiny (and criticism), and more often than not a majority of your team’s fans don’t like you. Once you have a ton of money, the only thing that would drive you to do it is the thrill, more money that you don’t need, and the illusion of power. These are not normal human beings no matter how much people try to make them out to be normal. The kind of pressure they’re under every waking moment is astounding and they’re the same people who become politicians, Navy SEALs, and free solo climbers.

The reasons people like you and I would get frustrated and quit are the reasons these guys do the job. It’s for the thrill and the power.

You have to be a sociopath to be a football coach at the P5 level after you’ve made generational wealth doing it. It’s a 120 hour a week job that takes you away from your family where you have zero privacy, you and your family are under constant scrutiny (and criticism), and more often than not a majority of your team’s fans don’t like you. Once you have a ton of money, the only thing that would drive you to do it is the thrill, more money that you don’t need, and the illusion of power. These are not normal human beings no matter how much people try to make them out to be normal. The kind of pressure they’re under every waking moment is astounding and they’re the same people who become politicians, Navy SEALs, and free solo climbers.

The reasons people like you and I would get frustrated and quit are the reasons these guys do the job. It’s for the thrill and the power.
What is KF's net worth? Rhetorical question because no one out here knows. What is FMcC's net worth?

These 65-69 y/o men aren't working for the money or to get small financial advantage by allowing their children to have schollies, live in student housing, etc. Nothing more than any other player.

What is KF's net worth? Rhetorical question because no one out here knows. What is FMcC's net worth?

These 65-69 y/o men aren't working for the money or to get small financial advantage by allowing their children to have schollies, live in student housing, etc. Nothing more than any other player.
KF is smart enough to have invested his money his whole career. I’d bet on paper he’s easily worth triple his career Iowa take home pay. Guarantee you he’s been making steady eddie 8% annually on millions of dollars and if you think he hasn’t bought a whole bunch farm ground somewhere with an LLC’s name on the deed you’d be nuts.

He’s coaching because once you get a little tipsy on the power, it’s easy to get drunk on it, and then there’s no turning back for these guys.

Here’s one way I’ll put it in comparison that I think makes a lot of sense. I had a black lab at one time who LOVED to hunt. I only hunted pheasant but he’d just about do backflips as soon as I got a gun out and be trying to jump through my car window to go walk ditches with me. That dog wanted nothing in life other than to be out walking for birds sun up to sundown. Anyway, once he got to be 10-12 years old, he was grey in the face, and even getting up and down off the couch got to be a chore for him. You could tell as he got old he was sore all the time, and he spent most of those days sleeping and generally not moving a whole lot because he was old and worn out and arthritic. But…as soon as I got a gun out, he was flying around like a little puppy just about pissing himself raring to go like he was a two-year old again. I didn’t put him through hunting anymore, but he forgot every single ache and pain he had and I guarantee you he would’ve walked ditches all day with me again and been happy to do it. He’d have probably hunted till he keeled over dead from the exertion if I let him, with a smile on his face.

That’s how these guys like Ferentz and others operate. Once it’s in their blood what else in life would be a thrill?

I've heard that proctor isn't done flipping on KXNO.

Also heard he had some strange behavior in his short time at Iowa.

Would only room alone, among some other things.

KF is smart enough to have invested his money his whole career. I’d bet on paper he’s easily worth triple his career Iowa take home pay. Guarantee you he’s been making Steady Eddie 8% annually on millions of dollars and if you think he hasn’t bought a whole bunch farm ground somewhere with an LLC’s name on the deed you’d be nuts.

He’s coaching because once you get a little tipsy on the power, it’s easy to get drunk on it, and then there’s no turning back for these guys.

Here’s one way I’ll put it in comparison that I think makes a lot of sense. I had a black lab at one time who LOVED to hunt. I only hunted pheasant but he’d just about do backflips as soon as I got a gun out and be trying to jump through my car window to go walk ditches with me. That dog wanted nothing in life other than to be out walking for birds sun up to sundown. Anyway, once he got to be 10-12 years old, he was grey in the face, and even getting up and down off the couch got to be a chore for him. You could tell as he got old he was sore all the time, and he spent most of those days sleeping and generally not moving a whole lot because he was old and worn out and arthritic. But…as soon as I got a gun out, he was flying around like a little puppy just about pissing himself raring to go like he was a two-year old again. I didn’t put him through hunting anymore, but he forgot every single ache and pain he had and I guarantee you he would’ve walked ditches all day with me again and been happy to do it. He’d have probably hunted till he keeled over dead from the exertion if I let him, with a smile on his face.

That’s how these guys like Ferentz and others operate. Once it’s in their blood what else in life would be a thrill?
Absolutely. My Brittany Daisy, remembered! And my Springer, Molly!

Latest posts