Pro Day Stats

WinOneThisCentury

Nick Neiman ran a 4.45 forty. ISM ran 4.43. Think about that a minute.

Neiman just made some money yesterday. With a brother already playing in the pros...and that kind of speed...a 3rd down backer who can guard the rising crop of tight ends in the NFL is huge. He's likely a 3rd round pick in my estimation. This is a tough position to find in the pros. Damn...dude can run.

Neiman just made some money yesterday. With a brother already playing in the pros...and that kind of speed...a 3rd down backer who can guard the rising crop of tight ends in the NFL is huge. He's likely a 3rd round pick in my estimation. This is a tough position to find in the pros. Damn...dude can run.

Did well in all the other drills, too.

1616613138904.png

Not only that, he was a quietly dominant player for us last year. 5th in B1G in tackles, and just made plays all over the place.

Chauncey Gholston really stood out at Pro Day as well.

Chauncey Golston HT 6046, WT 269
Hand 10 3/8
Arm 34 6/8
Wing 84 2/8

40-yd 4.86/4.90
VJ 36.0

BJ 9-11
20-yd 4.65
3C 7.52
BP 22

So yeah I echo the thoughts on Nieman. Dude is a hell of an athlete to go along with being a good football player. That's an unreal 40 time. That's faster then most RBs and many WRs. It's jaw dropping honestly.

I hadn't really heard his name mentioned as a draftable player. Not many LBs seem to be moving the needle in this class. Which bodes well for him I'd say. Guys with lessor numbers then what he did with less of a resume on the field have been drafted pretty darn high. So I sure hope he gets taken in the middle rounds to a good fit. Some GMs had to have fallen in love with him over his numbers and it only takes 1. And once they check out his tape and see what a good football player he is. Wanting him should be a no brainer

Brandon Smith is such an enigma to me. He looks like he was sculpted out of clay if you've seen him with his shirt off. He is strong, and can jump out of the building. Huge hands but he ran like a 4.62 forty.... That's not what NFL is looking for and that bums me out. I didn't think he was gonna be 4.4 fast but I hoped for 4.55ish. That number will probably keep him from getting drafted at all (was always going to be a long shot for him) He'll have to hope for being invited to a camp and hopefully balling out.

Last edited:
I think Neiman will be gone in the top 3, maybe the 4th round. I'd really be surprised if a team needing a cover linebacker doesn't jump at numbers like that. He's proven on the field, will kill his pro day interviews, and you know KF will sell him to GMs. The fact that he has a brother doing well with the Chiefs and his numbers are much better from an elite athlete standpoint...is reason enough.

I think Neiman will be gone in the top 3, maybe the 4th round. I'd really be surprised if a team needing a cover linebacker doesn't jump at numbers like that. He's proven on the field, will kill his pro day interviews, and you know KF will sell him to GMs. The fact that he has a brother doing well with the Chiefs and his numbers are much better from an elite athlete standpoint...is reason enough.
Would certainly think so. Plus he's a willing special teams player. That versatility adds value. Someone is going to get themselves a hell of a player under the radar.

I would say ISM lost some money in his pro day. Figured he would be faster but he is getting out run by LB. Niemann almost same as him Micah Parsons ran a 4.39. Not good when you go LB that are out running Wrs

Ben Niemann said multiple times when asked about his incoming brother that Nick was way faster than him and even called him a better football player.

I would say ISM lost some money in his pro day. Figured he would be faster but he is getting out run by LB. Niemann almost same as him Micah Parsons ran a 4.39. Not good when you go LB that are out running Wrs
Anything under a 4.5 isn't bad for a WR really. 4.4s and under are really darn good and 4.3s and faster are ridiculous. It's also about cutting and coming out of their breaks as much as strait line speed. I don't think that hurt him. He's a Desean Jackson sized/style of receiver just a step slower then him. He was never going to be a top 3 or 4 round guy. I think he'll get taken late because he's a return guy too. So we'll see.

Parsons is a freak and frankly so is Nieman. They are outliars not the norm at that position. LBs are often in the 4.6 plus range. They've been getting faster though that's for sure. Kinda have to with the pass happy NFL with TEs getting faster too.

I know this kind of sounds crazy...but one of key drills as a linebacker in this pro day, as well as front line speed, is the three cone drill. It's movement in space and laterally. Neiman has a 6.67 three cone drill and Parsons was at 6.89. This means Neiman would crush you two tenths of a second faster than Parsons. So if Parsons is coming at you, you may actually be able to think to yourself in that two tenths...hmmm...this is going to hurt. I'd rather be hit by Neiman and not know it.

Neiman is elite.

Last edited:
I don't think his pro day hurt his draft stock. A 4.43 is solid for a WR. Comparing his 40 and Niemann's 40 doesn't really tell a team anything.

Anything under a 4.5 isn't bad for a WR really. 4.4s and under are really darn good and 4.3s and faster are ridiculous. It's also about cutting and coming out of their breaks as much as strait line speed. I don't think that hurt him. He's a Desean Jackson sized/style of receiver just a step slower then him. He was never going to be a top 3 or 4 round guy. I think he'll get taken late because he's a return guy too. So we'll see.

Parsons is a freak and frankly so is Nieman. They are outliars not the norm at that position. LBs are often in the 4.6 plus range. They've been getting faster though that's for sure. Kinda have to with the pass happy NFL with TEs getting faster too.
I wouldn't be shocked to see Niemann go in round 2 after those pro day numbers. His production in college was good and you combine that with his size, football IQ and awesome pro day numbers and his draft stock is skyrocketing.

Last edited:

To speak to his explosion coming out of breaks, his 10-yard split (1.44s) would have been the best out of ALL participants at the 2020 NFL combine.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him go in round 2 after those pro day numbers. His production in college was good and you combine that with his size, football IQ and awesome pro day numbers and his draft stock is skyrocketing.
I'd be happy as hell for the guy but I think it's a pretty deep WR draft again and I'm not so sure about that. My guess is 4th or lower even. I don't think Brandon Smith gets taken. He's too slow. 4.6 something even with the rest of his skills will make it an uphill climb for him to make a roster.

I'd be happy as hell for the guy but I think it's a pretty deep WR draft again and I'm not so sure about that. My guess is 4th or lower even. I don't think Brandon Smith gets taken. He's too slow. 4.6 something even with the rest of his skills will make it an uphill climb for him to make a roster.

Good chance he isn't taken, but a 44 inch vertical is insane athleticism.

Sorry I was referring to Niemann not ISM. I doubt ISM goes before the 5th round.

But Iowa is slow. /s