Prince Fielder for Ian Kinsler

If I am a Rangers fan I am very excited right now. This deal puts a huge bat in the middle of their already strong lineup. Profar will replace Kinsler at 2nd base and the upside of Profar is way better than the declining Kinsler. Last years 1st baseman, Moreland, goes back to the outfield taking Nelson Cruz's spot and since they even got Detroit to kick in 30 million I doubt they are done. I can see them going after another big bat for the DH position, it could even be another 1st baseman.

As a Cub fan my only question now is which of the Rangers top prospects will be coming over for Spellcheck. :D

As a Tigers fan I dont know what to think about this. So I guess they are going to get rid of last years 2nd best 2nd baseman in the league? I understand it frees up money but seems to me this could be a sideways move. Hopefully with the money saved they can get a real closer.

As a Tigers fan I dont know what to think about this. So I guess they are going to get rid of last years 2nd best 2nd baseman in the league? I understand it frees up money but seems to me this could be a sideways move. Hopefully with the money saved they can get a real closer.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cabrera move back to 1B and either Infante or Kinsler move to 3B. The Tigers defense would be greatly improved.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cabrera move back to 1B and either Infante or Kinsler move to 3B. The Tigers defense would be greatly improved.

Hate to see some of these guys go but you can only keep so many players happy. Prince needed a different team hes a classy dude hope he does well.

I think the money goes to scherzer. The tigers are definitely making out better than this IMO. They can move Miggy to 1b, Castellanos is a tip top prospect that can play 3B. They highly over paid for Prince and I think he will decline very soon. he still has 9 years left on his contract.

It's also great for Texas as they fill a huge need and now they don't have to trade Profar like everyone thought they would. I still think they go after Price though as they lack some SP.

I do not see a declining Kinsler as much of an upgrade over Infante. But I hear the Tigers are in discussions with Granderson.

I do not see a declining Kinsler as much of an upgrade over Infante. But I hear the Tigers are in discussions with Granderson.

That would be cool for Granderson to come back.

Tigers could go so many ways as far as the field. They need to work on the pen.

I think the money goes to scherzer. The tigers are definitely making out better than this IMO. They can move Miggy to 1b, Castellanos is a tip top prospect that can play 3B. They highly over paid for Prince and I think he will decline very soon. he still has 9 years left on his contract.

It's also great for Texas as they fill a huge need and now they don't have to trade Profar like everyone thought they would. I still think they go after Price though as they lack some SP.

You know a lot about the Tigers. Max is the man and they need to pay him. I been a fan of his for awhile. Crazy how he handled his brother death during the season last year. Id rather watch Max and Sanchez pitch over Verlander.

You know a lot about the Tigers. Max is the man and they need to pay him. I been a fan of his for awhile. Crazy how he handled his brother death during the season last year. Id rather watch Max and Sanchez pitch over Verlander.

This is why even with Fielder gone you Tiger fans do not have much to worry about. Most teams do not even have 1 TOR starter and the Tigers have 2, Verlander would be the ace of most other starting rotations.

Just turn this into an official Tigers thread. :D

Latest posts