Preview, Prediction: UNI Presents Next Challenge for Hawkeyes

Normally, I would be a little nervous about this game, especially sandwiched between ISU and Wisc, but, I get a sense that it's going to be an easy W for the Hawks. The offense is tired of hearing about underperforming and slow starts. I'm expecting a beat down in the first 2 1/2 quarters, then a let up. Look for a lot of frosh to see time in the second half, possibly even Petras.

That said, I wouldn't be sad if the Iowa-UNI series went away. UNI gets a lot of cash and the possibility of a big upset. There is no upside for Iowa.

Of the top, I think UNI is a good football team but they are going to struggle against Iowa's defensive line. They have a decent offense but Iowa can shuffle players in and out to keep up the pressure.

In addition to a win, Iowa needs a good offensive outing in this game. Granted the team shouldn't look ahead, but the Wisconsin game has to be on their minds.

Iowa 52-21

Offense has 4 scoring drives

Defense / special teams scores 14 or 17 or they set up easy scores equalling this sum

I hope I'm wrong, I hope Iowa's offense scores 8 times ...

I just wonder can they get a lead......that Kirk is comfortable with....to play the 2s and 3s. When that happens we won't see the points.

This is the ultimate trap game. This will be a close game for a half until Iowa's size advantage sets up runs, unless the defense takes matters into it's own hands and scores themselves.

Would really like to see the 2's by mid 3rd qtr and the 3's by mid 4th.

Efficient early scoring drives, and work on downfield passing, in a game. I would love to see the first 6-8 offensive plays be passing, with at least 3 of them attempts beyond 10-15 yards.

Waiting until Wisc to throw downfield is not a good plan. Work on it extensively and early against a team we should handily beat by 3-4 scores.

A shutout is a damn hard thing to ask for, but itd be cool to have the #1 defense in the country, even if just for a week.

Latest posts