Preview, Prediction: Iowa Wrestles with Gators in Outback Bowl

Nice article, Rob, though I do think your prediction is a tad optimistic. I think one of the reasons Appleby was struggling so much at Purdue was his lack of talent around him. He's not performed that much worse than Beathard this year.

Moreover, for a grad transfer, I do think he has some talent. His arm looks a lot like Eldridge Woodard from back in the day. You also mentioned Teez Tabor. Maybe I've grown a little long in the tooth, but I don't think it's a stretch to say he might be one of the most dynamic corners we've played against since our receivers lined up against Tremayne Wright-Carter.

Nice article, Rob, though I do think your prediction is a tad optimistic. I think one of the reasons Appleby was struggling so much at Purdue was his lack of talent around him. He's not performed that much worse than Beathard this year.

Moreover, for a grad transfer, I do think he has some talent. His arm looks a lot like Eldridge Woodard from back in the day. You also mentioned Teez Tabor. Maybe I've grown a little long in the tooth, but I don't think it's a stretch to say he might be one of the most dynamic corners we've played against since our receivers lined up against Tremayne Wright-Carter.

Agree on Tabor's talent. He's really, really good.

I'll agree to disagree on Appleby and Beathard. Appleby has weapons around him and has just been OK. CJB hasn't had much to work with this year.

I fee really good about my prediction, FWIW. I'm confident we win.

Iowa will be running into 7 man fronts. This may look a lot like the Michigan game. I hope that Iowa measures up unlike when Nebby took the field vs TN today

Other than OSU, which is maybe an underdog, Iowa and WI, the BT is biting the big one. M and Nbr look awful.

Northwestern and Minnesota both won as underdogs and Indiana lost a close game but covered the spread. Michigan lost a tough game in Florida against a really talented FSU team. Nebraska didn't look great came back with injuries to key players like Armstrong and Gerry. I think the B1G has done OK. Not great, but OK. OSU, Wisconsin and PSU are the biggies. They will form the B1G narrative this postseason.

Always concerned about the element overall team speed & quickness when matched against teams from the talent rich south (incl. CA). You could see it at work in both the NE and MI losses. MI started to wear FSU down in the 2nd half but FSU still had game breakers with speed to make the big play when needed. This is what concerns me about some of the remaining key matchups (excl. WI) the BIG has including our Hawks.

We've all watched some of Iowa's bowl games vs. these types of teams from talent rich areas where the opponent looks like they're operating at a different speed. Got to get our run game going and avoid big plays on D.................. our normal M.O.

I keep reading on here that the south is physically more talented than the north.

Then answer me this: Why did the North win the civil war?!?

57790965.jpg

Latest posts