Preview, Prediction: Hawkeyes Look for Rebound at Nebraska

As far as this season is concerned this is probably the toughest game to predict. But I have to go Hawks but it is going to be close. It will also be a low scoring affair. 14-10 Good guys.

Iowa has shown that they are unable to move the ball on offense the last two games...what would lead me to think that they will score many points in Lincoln?

What will have changed?

Does Iowa have anything much to play for in this game?

Does Nebraska have anything much to play for in this game?

Tough one to predict...and so few care...

I've got a bad feeling about this game.

Nebraska's at home and will be playing for pride. I expect a lot of emotion and intensity. Also, you can bet Diaco is highly motivated to have this defense frothing at the mouth with all the negative press and playing his alma mater. He's also coaching for his next job.

I have zero confidence in Taylor's ability to cover Nebraska's receivers in the zone, so the key to this game likely will be whether or not we can mount a consistent pass rush.

"Since 2015, if Iowa rushes for 100 yards in a game, it is 26-1. If it doesn’t, it’s 0-11. This season, if Nebraska holds opponents to fewer than 200 yards rushing, it’s 4-1. When it doesn’t, it’s 0-6." #FightForIowa

I've got a bad feeling about this game.

Nebraska's at home and will be playing for pride. I expect a lot of emotion and intensity. Also, you can bet Diaco is highly motivated to have this defense frothing at the mouth with all the negative press and playing his alma mater. He's also coaching for his next job.

I have zero confidence in Taylor's ability to cover Nebraska's receivers in the zone, so the key to this game likely will be whether or not we can mount a consistent pass rush.

It's definitely not our defense that worries me. It's our offense continuing to be completely inept followed by our punter giving Nebraska great field position.

It's definitely not our defense that worries me. It's our offense continuing to be completely inept followed by our punter giving Nebraska great field position.
Yeah, I agree, but I think the key to the game is slowing down Nebraska's pass game, which is not implying that the defense is the bigger problem. I've kind of accepted the fact that the offense will be a wreck going into the off-season.

Very windy here today. Keep an eye on punting and punt return. It could be an adventure.

Excuse me. More of an adventure.

Latest posts