Preview, Prediction: B1G Championship Game

On the contrary, you have to be more creative than ever when you can't leverage the basics.
It would be interesting to get the ball at the -35 and immediately punt sometime. Just to pin them inside the 10. Maybe you can get 15 yards out of it after 1:30 seconds.

Whatever the score of the 1985 game (13-12?). Shudak kicks a 35 yard field goal as time expires and Rob Houghtlin is no longer the biggest hero in Hawkeye history for not missing a relatively short field goal.

Iowa wins 6-3 w/ a few plot twists. Shudak actually misses the extra point and Michigan players didn't actually show up to the game. They are already in Texas.

If we can control the Michigan run game we can win this thing. That seems to be the 64 dollar question. Hell I don't know. Injuries, turnovers, penalties all factor into this game. Hawks 20 Michigan 17 and lots of Old Milwaukee is the only thing I can guarantee 100%.

If we can control the Michigan run game we can win this thing. That seems to be the 64 dollar question. Hell I don't know. Injuries, turnovers, penalties all factor into this game. Hawks 20 Michigan 17 and lots of Old Milwaukee is the only thing I can guarantee 100%.
You only put $64 on the Hawks? A true fan has the mortgage on the line.

Whatever the score of the 1985 game (13-12?). Shudak kicks a 35 yard field goal as time expires and Rob Houghtlin is no longer the biggest hero in Hawkeye history for not missing a relatively short field goal.
Ok, i can go with this prediction

Iowa tends recently to ‘play up’ for ‘elite games’, i.e., standing tall with mishy in recent years, wiping the floor once with OSU, playing sparty close in the C-championship, being competitive with Penn. Wisky and PeeDue were important, but not showcased elite events. I don’t think we’ll be embarrassed on national TV as in 2016 v. Stanford – damn you Christian McCaffrey! – bowl game. Mishy is super good, but the Kirk-dragon will have a game plan to at least be competitive, if not effectuate a win. Our guys will be anger-psyched with a huge chip on their shoulders due to underdog status. Mishy will be apprehensive of our ability to win goofy and also shocked by our resilience. This may cause them atypical turnovers and some penalties. I hope KF uses some of the trickery-ish plays Nebby tried on us and make ‘em work against mishy.

Last edited:
I think the key will be our offense and time of possession.

Classic Kirk ball requires we are close in the 4th qtr by limiting MI offensive time of possession. We will need to put together some time consuming drives - even if they dont necessarily result in points.
If we struggle to move the ball early our D will eventually wear down and it could get ugly.

It was 12-10. This time around it's 24-13 SCum.

Tired of the pessimism.

18 - 17 Iowa.

4 FGs, a TD and a missed 2 point conversion to try to make it a 3-point game. Iowa only leads for 2:30 of the game.

I agree, Hawk defense plays a good game and a few big plays in all phases by the hawks give them a 24-21 win.

Hawks need to be ready for an early passing barrage by Mich just like Wisky did this year when hawks were playing full run defense.

Old Mil, oh get some great seasonal craft beers to celebrate the hawks

HEAD: Iowa will be 3 or 4 and out repeatedly. Michigan will have an insurmountable lead by halftime (2 or more scores). Then we'll just watch to see if the D can keep it respectable.

HEART: Iowa will come out and exchange blows with them for four quarters... We'll be very pleased with the offense and figure the D did all it could

Michigan 38
Iowa 3

The offense is bad and has not improved and the defense just cant carry against a good team like michigan, or perdue, or wisconsin.

Latest posts