Preview: Hawkeyes Aiming for Season Sweep of Indiana

That's what I asked for of my wife, hopefully Iowa can do it too
Although it has no great bearing on much, championship run, etc., I think this is one of the most important games of the year. It is a "trending" game, a "watershed". Win and things look pretty decent, all things considered, lose and we might be taking another look at the "Fragile Hawks" drifting towards that end of the year swoon. Hoping the shots fall and Iowa runs away and is ready to push on to better things.

Perhaps Indiana has quit and thrown in the towel and Iowa will play smart ball. Getting an early lead and keeping on the accelerator will be key, IMHO.

Although it has no great bearing on much, championship run, etc., I think this is one of the most important games of the year. It is a "trending" game, a "watershed". Win and things look pretty decent, all things considered, lose and we might be taking another look at the "Fragile Hawks" drifting towards that end of the year swoon. Hoping the shots fall and Iowa runs away and is ready to push on to better things.

Perhaps Indiana has quit and thrown in the towel and Iowa will play smart ball. Getting an early lead and keeping on the accelerator will be key, IMHO.
Last paragraph tells the tale that I've been thinking. Get them down 20-8 or something like that and they may get the woe is me, here we go again syndrome. Let them come out shooting hot and getting some swag and it may be enough to carry them for one night.

Don't want a Northwestern repeat but it's certainly possible.

Last edited:
Will be a good test to see what the Hawkeyes are made of. This year, they seem to have some "fight" in them.

I don’t think Iowa is fragile or swooning. I don’t think Indiana has quit...never really started in 2019. Indiana has enough talent to hang around awhile. But we should cover the 7 point spread.

The Hoosiers have no big men. This is a game to feed Garza early and often. Get him started and let him get his confidence back heading into the final four regular season games!

I don’t think Iowa is fragile or swooning. I don’t think Indiana has quit...never really started in 2019. Indiana has enough talent to hang around awhile. But we should cover the 7 point spread.
I don't think Iowa is swooning or fragile either, my point was, this game is a watershed event that can send them into those "fragile tapes" that have been played in the past. Or, can help them keep climbing upward. I think it is a good match-up for Iowa. I am hopeful.

The Hoosiers have no big men. This is a game to feed Garza early and often. Get him started and let him get his confidence back heading into the final four regular season games!

The Indiana game a couple weeks back started his 4 game slump. I'm with you on feeding him early to try and get his confidence back for the homestretch.

Latest posts