Pretty Clear Keno Davis

I hope this is true, and it probably is. But the only person who really knows is Gary Barta (or the search firm) if he or they get a definite "no" directly from the candidate or their representative. What else can Keno say publicly -- "Yeah, I'm interested and I'm sitting in Dad's house waiting for the call from Gary"? Not going to happen.

How can you tell when a coach/politician/broadcast executive (pick one) is lying?
When their lips move.

If Keno isn't on your lists I'm guessing your list is unrealistic. If Keno doesn't want this job who would???

Why would he be interested? With the recruits he has signed, he's got things going and building a great program at Providence. No sense in having to start over at Iowa.

Why would he be interested? With the recruits he has signed, he's got things going and building a great program at Providence. No sense in having to start over at Iowa.

answer money

Isn't everyone we would possibly hire, allready have things going where they are at???

Yes, but Keno is making $1 M per with a guaranteed contract through 2015-2016. None of the assistants we're talking about now have anything like that going for them.

<--- This guy

ok from the reading i have done it sounds like he can recruit at a school with a good program. He has never had a head job other then JuCo.

but he does want the job and not many people are fighting for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely want Keno to come home!!! He is just going to have to win at another school, in addition to Drake. Yes he built Drake and then guided them to that championship season, but he needs to do it at a bcs conference. Not for me, but for a lot of Iowa fans in order for them to be happy.

I hope Keno gets to Iowa City one day. I like the style. It's very close to Bruce Pearl's, just like Mr. Davis, but with a mix of man-to-man defense. I hope he make it here. Then I hope he breaks his father's record! :)

Latest posts