Pretty Amazing Podolak Comment on 2010 Iowa Team...

He called the rollout/bootleg, or that Stanzi would get hurt?

The play, not the result. IIRC he wasn't too thrilled with it (before the play was ran). He definitely wasn't happy with the call after it was ran. But then nobody was.

Seems like Dolph spoke pretty highly of last year's team, too, and many doubted him.

Jon- Is an audio of the show posted anywhere?

The play, not the result. IIRC he wasn't too thrilled with it (before the play was ran). He definitely wasn't happy with the call after it was ran. But then nobody was.

It's funny you bring that up. I always bring my mp3 player with me when I attend games because I like to put it on radio and listen to Gary and Eddie while I watch the game(I'm not paying for those radios they sell). On this particular game for some reason, there must have been some type of interference because on commercials I could actually hear Gary and Ed talking off the air. It was quite obvious that Eddie was less than thrilled with the bootleg call.

It's funny you bring that up. I always bring my mp3 player with me when I attend games because I like to put it on radio and listen to Gary and Eddie while I watch the game(I'm not paying for those radios they sell). On this particular game for some reason, there must have been some type of interference because on commercials I could actually hear Gary and Ed talking off the air. It was quite obvious that Eddie was less than thrilled with the bootleg call.

That'd be interesting to hear them talking during the commercial breaks.

I have noticed that occasionally with 600 WMT.

I would agree that the skill position players might be the best in the last 30 years, but I am still very nervous about our offensive line.

Now, if Bulaga and Spievey would have came back, then I would have said this Iowa Football team would have been the greatest team ever, at least on paper.

Steve, you are still upset those 2 went pro aren't you?

You have to admit, it would be nice to have Spievey back. Bulaga has a capable replacement, and it's not certain who is going to take CB2 opposite Prater.

I know, it would. I think Hyde will get the start.

I am just giving not4cy a hard time because he always brings them up an was pretty sure they wouldn't leave early

I know, it would. I think Hyde will get the start.

I am just giving not4cy a hard time because he always brings them up an was pretty sure they wouldn't leave early

I was a bit surprised by Spievey, but not Bulaga. During the Orange Bowl postgame, Bulaga made a point of bringing up what had happened to Sam Bradford when he was asked whether or not he was leaving.

I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. Hopefully, the close games turn into blowouts, and when the team does get into a dogfight, the majority of the team that learned how to win close games in the last few weeks of 2008 is still around. We all saw how that paid dividends last year, and there is no reason to think it won't this year. We've also seen that this team can take a punch, shake it off, and come back.

I think that the key is pretty similar to what it was last year. I think that the guys need to realize that they are the ones who control their own destiny. They're the ones who need to step up and generate all the feel good stories that end up powering an impressive story. If guys don't step up ... then you get something like our '06 seasons. When guys do ... then you find players putting in the extra effort to block yet another FG try ... you get a punt-safe unit that pulls off a punt block ... you get a WR in his first year starting who suggests a game-winning play. Guys need to keep that up ... and if they do, 2010 could end up being even more special than the '09 season ... and that's saying something!

Steve, you are still upset those 2 went pro aren't you?

Yes. I am still a little disappointed that both of them decided to leave. I kept thinking how great this team could have been with everybody deciding to come back.

With that being said, I think this team has great potential to still be a pretty good team.

Also, if Ferentz gets the start at center, we will now have 4 returning starters on our O-line for 2011. If Bulaga and Richardson would have come back, our o-line would not have been as experienced in 2011.

But I would still have rather put all of our marbles into the 2010 team.

A lot of the "talent" on the 2010 team were also on the squad in 2009. The good news there is that the 2009 squad went BCS bowling and WON! The bad news is that the '09 squad was also dangerously close to being an 8-5 team too.

Eliminate some turnovers and the 09 team was also dangerously close to finishing as high as #2 in the country as the controversial "left out team."

That'd be interesting to hear them talking during the commercial breaks.

I have been told that if you put your radio to the lowest frequency while at the game home or away you can get the broadcast without the comercials an hear them instead.

Latest posts