Pressure is on KF, time to deliver

National title come on lots of things have to change before we ever see that. Kirk will get us close from time to time but rose bowl is best I see in our future.

I don't think there is any pressure on KF. He's getting paid nearly 4 million a year to finish .500 in the B10. That's about as low pressure as you can get.

Uh...ya it is. Barta kneels down at the feet of Ferentz. And for good reason. He's bringing in the money. Why would you try and alienate your money maker? As long as we're selling out the stadium Barta isn't going to say "boo" to Ferentz.

Also, are you implying that the Iowa brand is being damaged now? Or in jeopardy of somehow being damaged? Because things have been a hundred times worse than they are currently so I don't understand the panic.

Uh ..... No its not. One sold out season is not as or more valuable than winning a national championship. Selling out one season gives you one season's worth of ticket revenue while winning national championship increases Iowa's brand value and overall fan base loyalty greatly and for years to come which will result in even more ticket revenue, money from merch rights for years to come. Why do you think that Nebraska sells tickets to their spring game and fills the stadium? Hint - Its not because they sold all of their tickets the year before. This is so obvious I cannot believe I'm even arguing it with you.

In reference to damaging Iowa's brand what I was saying was that a massive scandal would damage Iowa's brand value IF one occurred and in that case having sold out the stadium for one year wouldn't count for much IF our brand value was damaged by a major scandal.

Last edited:
Pressure? Are you kidding? He's not going to change anything. He knows he has a sweet deal and thinks the fans are a bunch of idiots. It he thought our opinions mattered... KOK would have been gone years ago.

Uh ..... No its not. One sold out season is not as or more valuable than winning a national championship. Selling out one season gives you one season's worth of ticket revenue while winning national championship increases Iowa's brand value and overall fan base loyalty greatly and for years to come which will result in even more ticket revenue, money from merch rights for years to come. Why do you think that Nebraska sells tickets to their spring game and fills the stadium? Hint - Its not because they sold all of their tickets the year before. This is so obvious I cannot believe I'm even arguing it with you.

In reference to damaging Iowa's brand what I was saying was that a massive would damage Iowa's brand value IF one occurred and in that case having sold out the stadium for one year wouldn't count for much IF our brand value was damaged by a major scandal.

Regardless of whether or not a sold out season is as good as a national championship to Barta, he still kneels before Ferentz. Because Ferentz does bring in the big bucks. We're one of how many athletic departments in the nation that are totally self-sufficient? Ferentz has an awful lot to do with that, especially consider how basketball hasn't brought in jack s*it for 3 years.

Regardless of whether or not a sold out season is as good as a national championship to Barta, he still kneels before Ferentz. Because Ferentz does bring in the big bucks. We're one of how many athletic departments in the nation that are totally self-sufficient? Ferentz has an awful lot to do with that, especially consider how basketball hasn't brought in jack s*it for 3 years.

Agreed.

Do any of you really think Ferentz isn't disappointed in this season? He is just coasting and cashing his checks?

I heard all this same crap in 2008 and they got things figured out. 2009 was one of the best years to be a Hawk fan and then this year sucked and hurt. But to believe that Ferentz doesn't care and will not adapt is just stupid. I am sure this will put a fire under the players and coaches, unfortunately we may have to endure the indifference displayed by some of the senior class for one more game.

Spring ball, will be the time most of these things get worked out. This won’t be soon enough for many of you, but the product on the field next year will be better than we witnessed this year.

Hawkfanin I used to believe you were a voice of truth & reason in this world of craziness now I just think you are as whacked as the others that think this is within reach.

the truth is always hard to realize sometimes.

It has really already been said- Ferentz is selling the tickets, driving the donations and putting butts in seats. I think you're crazy if you think this is "put up or shut up" time. Now, if Iowa goes 3-9 next year... all your people lining up at the cliff or standing at the gate with pitch forks will have a little better gripe.

I guess I don't really see this whole thing around everything being broken either- more just a bunch of people that can't really keep the middle of the road and run from one side of the emotional highs to the sky is falling in a matter of days. That being said... there appear to be tweaks that need to and should be made. Keep the faith- sure this season was a disappointment, sure the insight bowl is a disappointment, sure the DJK thing is a disappointment, sure this or that was a disappointment. Give the staff a chance to "fix" things- they've done it before, hopefully they can do it again.

Gimme that instant gratification cause I want it and I deserve it!

How old are you anyway? :(

You are right Pookie...we should mail the Missouri game in and wait till next year to play well. We wouldn't want to provide instant gratification.

You moron, I'm hoping someone touted as one of the best coaches in America can get his team to play hard in the bowl game. They obviously weren't ready to play Minnesota. KF needs to earn his money by getting past the distractions, and rallying his team.

Instant gratification??? Because I don't want to think about us playing the same way we did against Minnesota in the bowl game? What planet are you on?

Pressure? Are you kidding? He's not going to change anything. He knows he has a sweet deal and thinks the fans are a bunch of idiots. It he thought our opinions mattered... KOK would have been gone years ago.

If Ferentz thought our opinions mattered, I would want him fired on the spot. Coach Ferentz loses more football knowledge during his morning stool than the collective peanut gallery here has aquired in their lifetimes.

I really wasn't trying to imply that Barta was spineless. More that he's a smart man. If you are bringing in the money that Iowa football is right now, you're not going to look to throw it away. Period. There's no reason to gamble throwing it away as long as it's paying the bills. Now if things started going real south and attendance and revenue showed a similar decline, than I'm sure Barta would start to apply some pressure.

Barta answers to a constituency to whom the money isn't everything, so the claim that it's all about the stadium being full is very naive.

Barta answers to a constituency to whom the money isn't everything, so the claim that it's all about the stadium being full is very naive.

Barta answers to the big boosters. He does not answer to the likes of (at least the majority) of HN posters. If he's not feeling pressure from boosters, Ferentz isn't feeling any pressure from Barta. The average fans are the ones that are stirring up a s*itstorm about this season. Ferentz isn't going anywhere, because money does talk. Might as well get used to it.

Latest posts