Press conference for what?

HawkPrdatr40

I would assume they can't probably discuss the DJK incident. Discuss Jewell and AROB? Find that interesting since they have already address that in a release.

So why the press conference??

Talk about the Insight Bowl? or is something else up?

Just find it interesting.

It is not related to the Insight Bowl. Press release indicated it is to answer questions...

Last edited:
I would assume they can't probably discuss the DJK incident. Discuss Jewell and AROB? Find that interesting since they have already address that in a release.

So why the press conference??

Talk about the Insight Bowl? or is something else up?

Just find it interesting.

Drug test the press corps!

They calling it a presser to answer questions. I can just imagine hearing a lot of nothing. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Anyone else find it strange that Barta will be involved in this presser? If it was just to debunk rumors, I would think Ferentz could handle that one solo.

Anyone else find it strange that Barta will be involved in this presser? If it was just to debunk rumors, I would think Ferentz could handle that one solo.

True, but what situation would it be not strange for barta to be their unless ferentz was being fired or contract ext...neither of those are going to happen so who knows. Unless it's about university and police working together. Anyways I'm hoping it's to end all these rumors if this IS IT they would need to stop this wild fire ASAP.

My guess it is the university's somewhat late attempt to get out in front of the story. Rumors have been circulating for days, probably many of them unfounded. Barta and Ferentz can't address each and every one of them, but they can talk in very limited ways about the DJK situation, their internal attempts to ensure this is an isolated incident, what they are doing to ensure the welfare of the athletes and to try to prevent something like this from happening again.

Basically they have to put out the fire with whatever general reassurances they can provide. Kirk also needs to state that the team is focused on preparing for the Insight Bowl against a quality opponent that is well-coached.

My guess only. I could be totally blown away tomorrow. But I see this primarily as a means of positioning Barta and Ferentz in front of the story. Barta is needed to provide reassurance to team members, supporters, fans, recruits and parents of recruits that he backs the Iowa coaching staff and the steps they are taking.

My guess it is the university's somewhat late attempt to get out in front of the story. Rumors have been circulating for days, probably many of them unfounded. Barta and Ferentz can't address each and every one of them, but they can talk in very limited ways about the DJK situation, their internal attempts to ensure this is an isolated incident, what they are doing to ensure the welfare of the athletes and to try to prevent something like this from happening again.

Basically they have to put out the fire with whatever general reassurances they can provide. Kirk also needs to state that the team is focused on preparing for the Insight Bowl against a quality opponent that is well-coached.

My guess only. I could be totally blown away tomorrow. But I see this primarily as a means of positioning Barta and Ferentz in front of the story. Barta is needed to provide reassurance to team members, supporters, fans, recruits and parents of recruits that he backs the Iowa coaching staff and the steps they are taking.

I agree with you Tweeter. I feel like its going to be a "Rally the Troops" type of presser with reassurances for the fans and then alot of non-specific answers to very specific questions.

True, but what situation would it be not strange for barta to be their unless ferentz was being fired or contract ext...neither of those are going to happen so who knows. Unless it's about university and police working together. Anyways I'm hoping it's to end all these rumors if this IS IT they would need to stop this wild fire ASAP.

That's what I'm hoping as well. It seems silly that they would release info on Hampton and A-Rob, then wait until tomorrow to break the rest of the news. (if any at all)

And all of us were wondering why these guys were out of shape this year.......

Considering that THAT particular sentiment was directed at the defense, and all three players dismissed/suspended/transferring are all OFFENSIVE players, two of whom were players that brought it each and every week, I don't see how this comment makes any sense at all.

Latest posts