Pres. Barack Obama asked by Senator to investigate BCS!

Seriously, the BCS is such a @#$&ing racket! You know I wouldn't half-mind if it wasn't for Notre Dame getting such favoritism! What do they have to win, just 9 games and they are in?!? Horse Crap. I'd take a Boise State way before them!

Now your not using reason at all and letting emotion get involved. You might hate Notre Dame ( I am with you there) but if they put eyes on the TV and butts in the seats then they are giong to get into the BCS. If Iowa won the BIg Ten with 9 Wins would we complain about the BCS bowl? (I am guessing not)

They need to be creating jobs or our economy will never recover; health care is one of the last things we need to be worrying about. We still have some "cleaning up" to do after last years near-apocalypse.

Two points:

First off, tens of thousands of Americans die every year because they lack adequate access to health care. Many more go bankrupt. The vast majority of these people are hard-working, tax-paying individuals. This is reprehensible and unsustainable in a first-world economy.

Second, exponentially increasing health care expenses are killing American business (not to mention literally killing a lot of its workers.) Health care expenditures presently represent 1/6 of the US economy. If costs are not reigned in you can forget about the other economic challenges or solutions, because health care alone will sink this economy like that iceberg sank the Titanic, especially with an aging population.

Orrin, you might want to deal with AHIP's antitrust exemption first. That one's a little more relevant. Of course he's got the Congressional Cadillac plan, so what's it matter to him (or the rest of those entitled jerks, from both parties, who view people who work hard and play by the rules with such contempt.)

So yeah, I'd rather they focus on fixing health care than on screwing around with the BCS. Besides, what would losers like Colin Cowherd have to yap about if the BCS were fixed or nixed?

There are so many issues that congress and the government have hearings on. This one is getting press, I have absolutey no problem with them looking at it to see if there are some anti-trust issues. I am a playoff proponent so this serves my best interest. We can say they should be looking into other more important issues, but we all know what really happens. So I say screw the "what they should be doing" rhetoric and do something I would like to to see changed. It is easy to call out the government about wasting time on these issues, but come on people, are they really going to buckle down and fix healthcare? Senator John McCain is asking that President Obama pardon Jack Johnson for charges he was arrested for in 1912. We aren't talkning about this. Jack Johnson been dead for 63 years. People this is what government does, so if they are going to look at all these wasting time issues, I want them to look at the ones that I am interested in.

P.S. I hope they fix Health care, the economy, and find a way to keep our soldiers out of harms way if possible.

Knock off the politics! We don't need that on this site! I hope this isn't a precurser of things to come.

That type of thinking got us far for the last 10 years. They (politicians) ran all over us while we said "stop arguing about politics!". I think it's healthy.

Do you need to pay a royalty to Big Ten Network each time you use those two together? I think they have that stuff patented.

They actually pay ME to mention "Ro*Tel" and "Big10 Network"...I only have to pay them if I mention "The Journey" and "ESPN"...well that canceled each other out...broke even that time...

There are so many issues that congress and the government have hearings on. This one is getting press, I have absolutey no problem with them looking at it to see if there are some anti-trust issues. I am a playoff proponent so this serves my best interest. We can say they should be looking into other more important issues, but we all know what really happens. So I say screw the "what they should be doing" rhetoric and do something I would like to to see changed. It is easy to call out the government about wasting time on these issues, but come on people, are they really going to buckle down and fix healthcare? Senator John McCain is asking that President Obama pardon Jack Johnson for charges he was arrested for in 1912. We aren't talkning about this. Jack Johnson been dead for 63 years. People this is what government does, so if they are going to look at all these wasting time issues, I want them to look at the ones that I am interested in.

P.S. I hope they fix Health care, the economy, and find a way to keep our soldiers out of harms way if possible.

Expect a LOT of meaningless hearings/legislation in 2010. It's an election year. You basically have about a 10 month window every two years to get anything done in DC.

So maybe they will fix the BCS next year. And by "fix," I mean the way you fix a pet.

Latest posts