Preferred walk on I believe

cobri66

@iowapreps: Congratulations to West Lyon safety Brandon Snyder committing to the #Iowa #Hawkeyes #iahsfb

Turned down a scholarship offer from three-time defending FCS champion North Dakota State. Fairly impressive get for the Hawks.

Watched him in the championship game against BGM this fall, he was pretty impressive as a Quarterback, very elusive. Hope things work put for him on the defensive side at Iowa.

Sounds like a good get. Would not be too surprised to see him starting at FS next fall. This is the Johnny Soybean walk-on who we usually end up starting 4 years at FS.

He is a top of the line kid. Will do everything possible to help the team win ball games. I would expect to see him starting at a safety position before all is said and done

Yet another outstanding athlete from the hotbed of NW Iowa talent!

(signed)

Doc Lee, Born and raised in Rock Rapids

Word is preferred walkon offer Jacob Sobotka from Mount Ayr visiting today and expected to commit.....could be a diamond in the rough. Fought injuries as a senior but as a junior accounted for 3600+ yes and 43 TDs at quarterback......projected at MLB........

Word is preferred walkon offer Jacob Sobotka from Mount Ayr visiting today and expected to commit.....could be a diamond in the rough. Fought injuries as a senior but as a junior accounted for 3600+ yes and 43 TDs at quarterback......projected at MLB........
6'3" 220 lbs.........ran a 4.55 40 at a track event in Illinois last spring.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good get. Would not be too surprised to see him starting at FS next fall. This is the Johnny Soybean walk-on who we usually end up starting 4 years at FS.

That's good to hear. I like this kid already based on the comments in the article. Hopefully another diamond in the rough.

He might get a year to redshirt. But it's been almost ten years since we didn't have a white midwestern walk on starting at FS since he was a frosh.
You don't pay nearly as close of attention to the program as you think you do. Iowa has had exactly ONE walk-on safety start as a frosh, and that was Greenwood. Considine only played for 2 years, Pagel didn't start until he was a junior, Tanner Miller was never a walk-on and was only a 3 year starter to boot. I'm not sure who all of these 4 year walk-on starters were in your mind, but you really need to start playing closer attention.

Snyder is definitely a guy I could see earning a spot very early on. Maybe redshirt and take over as a RSFR, though. Very good athlete and well-built. Sobotka is very similar (I've seen him several times, since Mount Ayr is in the same conference as Wayne). I've got a hunch that both will turn out to be great finds for us.

Latest posts