Predictions

Kernal27

Coaches: Speraw, Ryan Bowen, Horner as GA
Recruits: (forgive my spelling) Basabe (siena recruit), Wilkes (Kid from Burlington), and Brust

I only recently started posting so I am not "credible" in terms of this board..... but this is my speculation- have talked to some about the assistants and recruits is strictly speculation. I think Siena kid is in, if Bowen is on board- I think Wilkes will follow, and I think Brust is a Hawkeye but is trying to reassure himself since coaching change. If my math is correct-would bank 2 schollies for next year to go with Cole's. Good balance if I happen to be close with predictions!

Does Bowen have much of a coaching background?

My guess is that he doesn't and that will eliminate him from a major assistant position with Fran. This is going to be a tough rebuilding job and Fran needs top notch help that can bring a lot to the table.

I only recently started posting so I am not "credible" in terms of this board..... but this is my speculation- have talked to some about the assistants and recruits is strictly speculation. I think Siena kid is in, if Bowen is on board- I think Wilkes will follow, and I think Brust is a Hawkeye but is trying to reassure himself since coaching change. If my math is correct-would bank 2 schollies for next year to go with Cole's. Good balance if I happen to be close with predictions!

Yep - that would bank two for next year.

What's Bowen's connection to Wilkes?

I think Brust may end up at Boston College although he'd be a welcome addition to the team. That said, Rakeem Brookins (former Tulane commit) wouldn't be a bad replacement if Ben heads east.

I was hearing those same "rumblings" about assistants in our local sports bar here in Dallas last night. Absolutely no inside info - just a bunch of Hawk fans having a beer and jawing.

Bowen has been his personal trainer or Bowen has been working him out now for some time. If hired, it wouldn't be just for Wilkes as I think Bowen showed during his playing days, he knows how to work. He is low mainteance, Iowa guy, NBA resume, etc... which is attractive to kids in the state.

It would give us 2 total. Not 2 + Coles

If your hypothesis is true the 2011 squad would be:
Archie
Brommer
Cougill
Payne
May
Gatens
Marble
McCabe
Wilkes
Basabe
Brust
and 2 schollies giving us 13 total schollies

Recruits: (forgive my spelling) Basabe (siena recruit), Wilkes (Kid from Burlington), and Brust

Former D-1 head coach, former hawk and longtime NBAer, and another hawk legend as asst. coaches. That would be a pretty good staff to have.

Does Bowen have much of a coaching background?

My guess is that he doesn't and that will eliminate him from a major assistant position with Fran. This is going to be a tough rebuilding job and Fran needs top notch help that can bring a lot to the table.

Never hurts to have a coach that can tell you how and what it's like to make an NBA roster for 9 years.

Thought it was John Wilkens not John Wilkes. John Wilkes? John Wilkes Booth? Well, hope he's an assassin from 3 pt. land.

Yep - that would bank two for next year.

What's Bowen's connection to Wilkes?

I think Brust may end up at Boston College although he'd be a welcome addition to the team. That said, Rakeem Brookins (former Tulane commit) wouldn't be a bad replacement if Ben heads east.

I was hearing those same "rumblings" about assistants in our local sports bar here in Dallas last night. Absolutely no inside info - just a bunch of Hawk fans having a beer and jawing.

Brookins is taking official visits to Siena, Southern Illinois and Northeastern. He's also meeting with Tulane and George Washington. I think it's a long shot that he ends up in Iowa. I'm guessing Caff has other PG's in mind.

Latest posts