Predictions for Big Ten Championship Game.......

This is going to be Iowa's toughest game this year. Both teams have good defenses, good QBs. Solid lines. I give the edge to Sparty even though I am picking Iowa. History has shown these MSU Iowa matchups to be tough games that go down to the finish.

Iowa 21-17

MSU was only up 20-10 against penn state at half - THERE IS NO REASON WHY WE CAN'T WIN THIS!!
For those that watched the game, State Penn basically quit in the 2nd half.
The four-letter network is acting like Sparty just beat the 1994 Nittany Lions.

The way I figure it is that Sparty lost to Nebraska by 1 and we beat Nebraska by 8 so therefore we beat Sparty by 9. So let's say 37-28 Iowa.

Whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game. That said, with all things relatively equal statistically, I'm giving a slight edge to MSU 21-20.

Too nervous to even make a prediction but I see it coming down to 2 factors:

Both teams what to out physical the other so who controls the line of scrimmage

Minimal scoring opportunities so who scores 6 instead of 3 when they get that chance.

The way I figure it is that Sparty lost to Nebraska by 1 and we beat Nebraska by 8 so therefore we beat Sparty by 9. So let's say 37-28 Iowa.
Can't fault your math there.

Got to get to Cook - the "Raider" formation was effective against NE Friday nite when they used it. I think we see it a little more Saturday.

If they can figure out which back is the "hot hand" and keep feeding him Iowa wins down the stretch.

Even though these are two defense minded teams I'm going to think they both score some points so I am upping the score but keeping your 9 point margin - Hawks 40, Sparty 31

This game will likely be decided by turnovers and special teams. Whomever makes the fewest mistakes wins the game.

My prediction... 24-21 Hawks. I could see it going either way, but I can't go against my Hawks now.

This game will likely be decided by turnovers and special teams. Whomever makes the fewest mistakes wins the game.

My prediction... 24-21 Hawks. I could see it going either way, but I can't go against my Hawks now.

Agree. I could see an OT game here. It will be that close. Since the Hawks have been so good in the TO department I will go with Iowa. 23-20 in OT.

Iowa still has something to prove to the rest of the nation. I think they have been fueled by this.

Therefore Iowa tells the nation to Pi$$ up a rope and WIN!
I could not care less on what the final score is as long it does not cause me to have a heart attack!

Can't fault your math there.

Got to get to Cook - the "Raider" formation was effective against NE Friday nite when they used it. I think we see it a little more Saturday.

If they can figure out which back is the "hot hand" and keep feeding him Iowa wins down the stretch.

Even though these are two defense minded teams I'm going to think they both score some points so I am upping the score but keeping your 9 point margin - Hawks 40, Sparty 31

The key to being able to run the Raider formation more is to put them in obvious passing downs.

Oh man, this thread has completely ended my productivity for the day at work. Good work.

Hawks 31
MSU 28

I think conditions indoors will allow for a little bit more scoring. Iowa jumps out 10-0. MSU takes a 14-10 halftime lead. Hawks again jump up quickly in the second half and MSU scores a late TD, but does not recover onside. Everyone has a heart attack, but most recover. On to the playoffs.

33-31 Hawks despite Dantonio pulling a special teams fake, surprise onside kick, and some kind of flea-flicker/hook and ladder trick play.

Latest posts