Predictions for Big Ten Championship Game.......

KyleHawk

2 very good defenses matching up in this game. Both teams have a good run game with a leader at QB. I think it will be low scoring.....like below 45 combined points low. I will go against the -3.5 current favorite that MSU has and pick Iowa to win.............24-20. On to the playoff!

Iowa had some good running plays against Nebby's 7th ranked run defense and I think Iowa will run the ball adequately against MSU. Iowa needs though to get the passing game going and I think playing indoors will help. I think Iowa will hold up defensively against the run but they will need to play above their current level in pass defense either by covering receivers better or getting a better pass rush. I want Iowa to win but if they dont pressure Cook they will lose as Iowa's back 7 cant cover for 4-5 seconds.

MSU wins 28-24 if Iowa cant pressure Cook but Iowa wins 24-21 if they play really good pass defense.

I tend to think 82 has it about right.

On BTN, Lomax said the Hawks contained NE QB. They never pressured him, though. I suppose technically the Hawks did make NE one dimensional in the cold weather and wind, but I didn't like the Hawks' coverage all the time. Way too many passing yards, but they were negated by the four turnovers.

(edit) If we try to just contain MSU QB to make him one dimensional in passing while in doors, we could be in big trouble.

MSU was only up 20-10 against penn state at half - THERE IS NO REASON WHY WE CAN'T WIN THIS!!

Oh the Hawks can definitely win this game as Iowa has played well against MSU over the years. The teams play very similar type of ball. If the hawks play good balanced offense and tackle well to shut down big running plays then the main thing is making plays in pass defense.

Hawks play good pass defense they win.

Iowa can have a great advantage with Kittle and K-Coble in double tight end formation and T Smith and Vandeberg at wide receiver because they can run block with the tight ends but also quickly have 5 receivers with the tailback going out.

I think it comes down to a last minute field goal. Marshall Koehn has proven he can make a clutch kick. IOWA.

Back in 85, teams had real difficulty defending Iowa because we had a two-headed monster....Long and Harmon.

30 years later, the same holds true.

MSU will have difficulty containing *both* our run and TE game. Can't do both. Whatever Iowa sees after the 1st quarter and 1st half will be our bread and butter. The inside conditions will be perfect for Beathard.

Iowa 24-14.

this will be Kirks finest coaching hour. He will have the troops ready and a perfect game plan for Sparty, A victory here will get him National COY. Iowa wins 28-24

Latest posts