Prediction time

busabus114

Its early in the week but we have all the info that we need to make our predictions. Logic would say this is a close game since we are so banged up. I am going against logic and picking Iowa 31 - Indiana 10 for 2 reasons

1) the spread is 17.5 which makes absolutely no sense - this seems like easy money and as we all know when it comes to betting there is no such thing as easy money.

2) I havent been this bummed out since the week after the UNI game - i was depressed all week and thought we were going to lose to ISU....then we crush them by 32. this week i am depressed by the injury news so im sure the performance on Saturday will surprise us all.

Indiana may be a little down psychologically after last week, but they may also be up because they are playing an undefeated team on the road. I'd bet they are going to be down a little bit, and the Hawkeyes will put something together that surprises us. I'll take Iowa by 20 minimum.

I made a couple predictions at the beginning of the year, but I think I stopped after the Arkansas State game cause I just don't know anymore. I have full confidence in this team however following the last two wins, but I don't really think it'll be a blowout.

I say Iowa by MAYBE 14, with a late pick 6 to seal the victory.

Their offense is not that good, not compared to penn st.'s, michigan st.'s, wisconsin's, arizona's, etc. etc. None of which exceeded 17 points on us. They get some fg's throughout the game, and iowa gets at least 3 first half touchdowns. 24-6 at the half, 41-13 final. 9-0 and on to Northwestern.

Got a good feeling about this one, gotta work on sat. so it'll be Gary and Ed doing the play by play for me. Haven't listened to a game since Iowa St. I expect similiar results.

Indy is a spread type team, which, by it very nature will give the defense fits. Fortunately, it is not compounded by a very mobile QB, so the fits should only last about 1 to 1-1/2 quarters.

Look for Iowa to follow the same ****** to date -- make sure the offense has zero mistakes and does just enough to own time of possession and let the defense win the game. Hawks will try to keep Indy honest with the run but, most likely, will use a lot of twin tights to help circle the wagons -- max protect and use the short-passing game for those 4-6 yard "rushing" gains.

The lead-pipe lock of the week is for Indy to cover -- tho Iowa will win 20 - 16, thanks to a collection of oskies to go around.

Indiana - 20
Iowa - 17

Take it to the bank. Our "play not to lose" strategy isn't going to work this week. Indiana takes a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter on a 60 yd blown coverage bomb,and our anemic offense cannot recover. Look for the Hawks to be flat on Saturday....4 straight weeks of emotion-packed games finally take their toll.

I just don't see Indiana scoring more than 13 points on this defense. Only Michigan has scored more than 16 points (AZ should have scored 10 and Ark St 14 as pick 6's were involved) against this defense. Even though Indiana may run a similar type of offense, their QB is nowhere as fast as Forcier. I am worried, though, about the Iowa offense but maybe with a depleted Indiana secondary, this will spark the passing attack. It will be closer than the spread.

24-13 Hawks.

It appears it could be very windy on Saturday. Could affect the game some, definitely would affect the tailgating.

If the wind isnt outrageous, I see Iowa getting some passing rhythm going this week, partly out of necessity. Last year after scoring 13 in the MSU game, we put 45 on Indiana. Lets hope that continues this year.

Score estimate for me Iowa 34, Indiana 17 (+/- 7 for each team),

Latest posts