Prediction Thread Citrus’24

Yes, enjoy your New Years festivities and the Iowa/Tennesse scrimmage tomorrow, Spring ball has come a couple of months early. Hopefully, the 12 team, maybe 16 team format in the future will kill off some of these meaningless bowls, please.

Thank you very kindly, LL

I am also gong to enjoy New Year's Eve

:cool:

Iowa 20 Tennessee 14

Jesus Christ guys, Tennessee is playing without it's two top QBs, two top RBs, I think one offensive lineman, both of their starting corners and I think one other starter on D. You think that freshman QB has ever played live against a turnover machine like the Iowa D? No, he hasn't.

Here comes Teddy strolling down the Path of Reason

The Walk of Faith

The myth that bowl games, except for playoff contests, don’t matter, could be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Are more bowls around now than in past years? Duh. Is there a reason for that?

Yeah. In fact there are several. Extra practices in prep for spring training. Opportunities for players lower on the depth chart to make a statement to coaches that they have team value. Chance for many, many players who will never see the field in the NFL, to join their brothers for one more game in the Black and Gold. Another chance to get TV exposure. Another chance to get another W. Players’s parents are thrilled to see one more game with their kid in uniform. News Flash! Fans love to travel! Players get to stay in nice hotels, eat good food, see some sights, have some fun.

I get really tired of thread after thread making Iowa sports about a bunch of posters, especially when benefits to the kids who do all the work are rarely mentioned. If you have never followed one of your kids in sports, music, drama, or whatever, you have no F-ing idea what level of bonding, pride, heartbreak can follow. Some of the geniuses out there are too busy making fun of “participation trophies.” Probably should praise kids for trying instead of making them miserable failures because they don’t win enough to suit you.

Yeah. It’s all about you and your cynicism. Big dicks who insist only hard knocks will teach valuable lessons. And, that bowl games are largely participation trophies.

Last rant ( for now). I “ignore” posters like self proclaimed “Legends.” The are a waste of my time, and food.

Iowa 20 Tennessee 14

Jesus Christ guys, Tennessee is playing without it's two top QBs, two top RBs, I think one offensive lineman, both of their starting corners and I think one other starter on D. You think that freshman QB has ever played live against a turnover machine like the Iowa D? No, he hasn't.
I think the biggest thing with a new QB is, can he sustain drives against our D, because that's what we make people do. If you do it once, we'll slap you on the butt, congratulate you, and dare you to do it again. Teams come into the game with a script and sometimes it gets them down the field, sometimes they get a FG or even a TD. After that though, what have they got left in the bag?

The myth that bowl games, except for playoff contests, don’t matter, could be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Are more bowls around now than in past years? Duh. Is there a reason for that?

Yeah. In fact there are several. Extra practices in prep for spring training. Opportunities for players lower on the depth chart to make a statement to coaches that they have team value. Chance for many, many players who will never see the field in the NFL, to join their brothers for one more game in the Black and Gold. Another chance to get TV exposure. Another chance to get another W. Players’s parents are thrilled to see one more game with their kid in uniform. News Flash! Fans love to travel! Players get to stay in nice hotels, eat good food, see some sights, have some fun.

I get really tired of thread after thread making Iowa sports about a bunch of posters, especially when benefits to the kids who do all the work are rarely mentioned. If you have never followed one of your kids in sports, music, drama, or whatever, you have no F-ing idea what level of bonding, pride, heartbreak can follow. Some of the geniuses out there are too busy making fun of “participation trophies.” Probably should praise kids for trying instead of making them miserable failures because they don’t win enough to suit you.

Yeah. It’s all about you and your cynicism. Big dicks who insist only hard knocks will teach valuable lessons. And, that bowl games are largely participation trophies.

Last rant ( for now). I “ignore” posters like self proclaimed “Legends.” The are a waste of my time, and food.
Totally agree. I always say that if I ever think there are too many bowl games or are ones that are worthless with two pathetic teams, I just won't watch those games. Tell the players in the game and experience that surrounds being in a bowl is worthless. They let Western Delaware Institute of Blind Deaf Virgins in the NCAA basketball tournament if they qualify by winning their tournament and you can see how they react when they win and how defeated the losers of that game are. Why not let the little guys that qualify by winning their 6th game get in to a bowl game? I can't find the negative either.

Iowa 20 Tennessee 14

We have no offense, we are not scoring 20.

A lot of wisdom in this post.

My son was a trombone player in the Iowa marching band for 4 years. It was a lot of work.
He was in the stands with the band for Tate to Holloway. Another meaningless game? Not to me or to him.

From what I've seen on social media, Iowa seems pumped for this game, and they want that 11th win. Hawks win by 2, 3, 5, or 7.

This is a tough game to forecast for a lot of reasons. I know we're the more motivated team but it's hard to say if that overcomes a talent gap. I've picked against the Hawks quite a bit this year for obvious reasons and they've proven me wrong a lot. So I'm going with reverse psychology here, TN 16 Iowa 13.

Iowa 20 Tennessee 14

This post didn't end well. Of course, it's from teddy, so not surprised.

Iowa will be blanked again. The score is a matter of how much Tennessee wants to push the issue in the 4th.

27-0 bad guys.

Pretty good call. I thought I would see a better effort on both sides of the ball. I fully acknowledge that is a me problem.

This post didn't end well. Of course, it's from teddy, so not surprised.
That was kind of out of the blue. All that free space in your head is funny. I don't remember you or your posting history, but I must have hit a nerve somewhere along the trial 'cuz I was still in your head when you made that post today.

That was kind of out of the blue. All that free space in your head is funny. I don't remember you or your posting history, but I must have hit a nerve somewhere along the trial 'cuz I was still in your head when you made that post today.
Are you drunk? You predicted 20-13 Iowa and weren't close. I pointed it out. That's all.

Are you drunk? You predicted 20-13 Iowa and weren't close. I pointed it out. That's all.
No, you didn't just point out my erroneously optimistic prediction, you attacked me with the "of course it came with Teddy remark."

The second part was the personal attack, which comes from something other than me just being wrong about today's game. It doesn't happen often but I am sometimes mistaken, especially tend to be optimistic about Iowa. A HS level understanding of psychology and human motivations would identify the insult part of your post was the product of some historic animosity toward me, which also doesn't really matter much.

Now I, having no recollection of your existence, wouldn't have said anything because the final score would have made the error obvious and thus an unlikely prompt for any commentary. I thought the team would come out like tigers, but they came out like sheep in a hurry to get it over with. Having seen the continued play of Hill in this game and having seen Lainez's impressive running ability I am a little less discontented with the manner of BF's termination.

Seriously, if you think I'm wrong or nuts or whatever, just ignore me. That would show the whole world that you aren't thinking about me.​

Last edited: