Predict the size of the meltdown

BSpringsteen

Bigger or smaller than last week?

Nuclear, or just a dirty bomb?

Who will remain the calmest? Who will go the most insane? I want odds and numbers here.

What will the reaction of OK4P be?

How many threads calling for Ferentz to be fired?

I don't think the meltdown will be quite as big. Mainly because, after last wknd, people realize that we aren't as good as they had thought. I hate people placing such unrealistic expectations on Iowa every season. Stop drinking the kool-aid so much! That's not to say that we can't improve, but this team has a long ways to go.

The way I look at it is I would hate to see them lose but if they do tickets will be plentiful so I will be as cool as the other side of the pillow.

Will be "Contagion"-esque either way, win or lose. Will spread like wildfire spread by the mystics and arm-chair HOF'ers.

Honestly now we lost to ISU this game doesn't mean as much(as far as bcs is concerned), with one non-conference loss the only way we go to a bcs game without winning the big ten title is if we were to go undefeated and lose in the big ten championship game. Which is very unlikely, best thing to do is get better and if we lose it's not a conference game, I still believe with other teams in our divisions harder schedule winning the legends isn't impossible. So IMO the conference is all that really matters now. But obviously if we lose this one winning the legends is alot less likely.

Honestly now we lost to ISU this game doesn't mean as much(as far as bcs is concerned), with one non-conference loss the only way we go to a bcs game without winning the big ten title is if we were to go undefeated and lose in the big ten championship game. Which is very unlikely, best thing to do is get better and if we lose it's not a conference game, I still believe with other teams in our divisions harder schedule winning the legends isn't impossible. So IMO the conference is all that really matters now. But obviously if we lose this one winning the legends is alot less likely.

With our schedule it is very possible, just don't know what kind of team we have yet.

We lose Saturday expect a big meltdown. Fans will crawl out of the woodwork asking for KOKs, or Kirk's head... Starting 1-2 will have a lot of people in crisis mode. I think Saturday will tell us plenty about where this team is headed. Can it bounce back? Can the defense improve on a dismal performance last week? Kinnick has been pretty sacred ground the past few years so if indeed we drop a home game to Pitt we might want to make plans for a rather lengthy season ... That being said, still want Kirk as our coach and realize this may not be our year ... But life goes on and still bleed the black and gold.

We lose Saturday expect a big meltdown. Fans will crawl out of the woodwork asking for KOKs, or Kirk's head... Starting 1-2 will have a lot of people in crisis mode. I think Saturday will tell us plenty about where this team is headed. Can it bounce back? Can the defense improve on a dismal performance last week? Kinnick has been pretty sacred ground the past few years so if indeed we drop a home game to Pitt we might want to make plans for a rather lengthy season ... That being said, still want Kirk as our coach and realize this may not be our year ... But life goes on and still bleed the black and gold.

A loss at home, going 1 and 2, with what I've seen so far, spells a long year. I'm calling a win though. Either way, I'll be a Hawk as a grumpy old man sitting in Kinnick....

A loss at home, going 1 and 2, with what I've seen so far, spells a long year. I'm calling a win though. Either way, I'll be a Hawk as a grumpy old man sitting in Kinnick....

You better get off you a$$ and make some noise gramps!!!

It will be a medium size meltdown but if we lose to Pitt everyone will be so down on Iowa nobody will be surprised by future losses this year.

You better get off you a$$ and make some noise gramps!!!

YOu bet Edward. Going down with my brother, brotherly bonding. I'll be sober he will be waaaaay not sober. NOthing like sharing Kinnick with family. He likes the I O W A, I like the Hawkeye semi. Either way, tell me what's better than Kinnick on a day in the fall? PB&J? No. My mom's goulash? No. Go hawks

Nicely said. No matter the outcome there will be plenty of comotion to go around. Will and can go from one extreme to the other so fast around here..... Maybe more people need to take their blood pressure meds.

psych meds:eek:

There aren't enough of those to go around unfortunately...:( At least...no matter what....somebody will be right, and have predicted all of this. Told ya so, don't panic, don't get excited, oh god it's all falling down, it's gonna be alright, etc......

Latest posts