Predict the score Cyclones vs Hawkeyes

ISU is going to stack the box and blitz nearly every play. Because of poor line play Iowa's running game will be shut down and Stanley will take a beating. Brian will have no answer on how to overcome this.

Unless the Hawks manage to correct the myriad of mistakes from Saturday and Stanley is able to improve, this won't be a game.

ISU-27
Iowa-6

If Stanley continues coughing up the ball:

ISU-34
Iowa-6

Last edited:
My real prediction is Iowa 27-24 with Recinos kicking the game-winner with seconds left.

BTW, if they measured exit velocity on field goals, Recinos' kick would have been off the charts. My word, he has a strong leg. Would have easily been good from 54 and he split the uprights to boot.

My real prediction is Iowa 27-24 with Recinos kicking the game-winner with seconds left.

BTW, if they measured exit velocity on field goals, Recinos' kick would have been off the charts. My word, he has a strong leg. Would have easily been good from 54 and he split the uprights to boot.
Iowa 28- ISU 21

One defensive score for the Hawkeye defense

Honest question: if Wyoming was playing in Ames this weekend, what would the spread be? ISU -4.5? -6? That would be around my guess and I think that says a lot considering Iowa was -12.5.

Hawks 27 clowns 20. Iowa's pass blocking will get better. Daniel will be back. Stanley will improve.

34-10 Hawks. Cyclones score a late TD, otherwise Park gets picked off 3x and our defense suffocates them.

Iowa 24
ISU 27

I hope I'm wrong. Both teams struggle to get into the end zone in the first half (ISU because our defense is good, Iowa because our offense is bad) but ISU picks apart our pass defense and moves the ball into field goal range more frequently. Both teams finally score a touchdown near the end of the 2nd half. Iowa on a grinder, ISU on a big pass play. 13-10 ISU at the half. In the second half, Iowa finally manages to get the run game going and grinds out a couple more touchdowns that we had to work way too hard for given the opponent. ISU scores on a few more big plays.

My caveat is if Iowa scores a defensive touchdown, we win. I just don't think our offense will put up enough points to win a boat race.

Gotta be honest, i don't get the pundits this week having a doom and gloom attitude for Iowa against ISU. I really don't get it. Iowas defense will get back one of their starting corners after a dominating defensive performance against a 1st round QB last week. They get their Rimington watch list Center back, and the other guys shift back to normal spots for this weekends game as well. ISU for the 80th consecutive year can't defend the run. They have a good QB and 3 really really good wr's. Their oline is atrocious and we have 3 pretty good corners. Between the pass rush and the corners, i just honestly don't get the ISU love in this one. I think Iowa will roll them. They will score a td, maybe two, but Iowa should be able to pound them into submission. 28-10, something like that, with Iowa dominating more on the field then they did the scoreboard.

Very little negativity here. Thanx for your prediction. BTW, I like your prediction of Iowa with 28 points.

Limit turnovers, Must get Touchdowns when in the redzone...not field goals.

If they do the above, Iowa (24-27) - isu (10-17). Hawks. I don't think we keep them out of the endzone, but I think we can keep them 1 dimensional.

Latest posts