Practice Facility

Section136

Anybody catch the picture of the new practice facility they showed coming back from commercial last night?

That place looks very nice. Hopefully we will see a nice boost in recruiting from it.

I didn't see that, but was just wondering about the practice facility.. When will it be completed and how's it coming along?

I wonder when potential recruits will start getting the nickel tour on their official visits. I'm definitely excited to see how this (hopefully) will boost our recruiting. It definitely can't hurt our chances, that's for sure.

I didn't see that, but was just wondering about the practice facility.. When will it be completed and how's it coming along?

I wonder when potential recruits will start getting the nickel tour on their official visits. I'm definitely excited to see how this (hopefully) will boost our recruiting. It definitely can't hurt our chances, that's for sure.

I think Revsine said on the telecast that it would be completed in August. Recruits hopefully have been able to check it out already. One more thing to help lure Paige, Woodbury, etc is always good.

I think Revsine said on the telecast that it would be completed in August. Recruits hopefully have been able to check it out already. One more thing to help lure Paige, Woodbury, etc is always good.

Yep, the sooner we have something, ANYTHING, to show recruits, the better. Even the unfinished product is better than what we had before, which was zip. At least now Fran can say "Hey, by the time you're on campus, the facility will be done and you'll have this and that at your disposal, yada yada yada."

This facility will only help us. Money well spent.

Carver-outside.jpg

If Alford had that back when he was here, the results would have been totally different. Once that facility is up, no future coach's record can be compared to Alford's.

If Alford had that back when he was here, the results would have been totally different. Once that facility is up, no future coach's record can be compared to Alford's.

I actually agree with the first part. Alford and Lickliter were badly hurt in the recruiting trail because we lacked a practice facility.

I actually agree with the first part. Alford and Lickliter were badly hurt in the recruiting trail because we lacked a practice facility.

Oh Please!!! This would not have changed the fact in Alfs head that Iowa is a football school, and that was the cause of his failure.

That is what college coaching is about, recruiting. It isn't actually about coaching. If I could convince the best players to come to Iowa City even I could be a final four coach. X and O's are easy to pick up.

No one wanted to play for Lick, if he had the facility we might have gotten a couple better players but that would be it.

If Alford had the facility he would have dominated recruiting and would still be at Iowa, while he wasn't the greatest X and O coach he was a charismatic recruiter.

and no, I didn't really like Alford, but there were a lot of good coaches that I don't like, Patino, Calipari, etc.... but they can recruit.

The above wasn't what was shown last night but you get the idea.

Actually, I thought that's what was shown, that is, the big windowed exterior wall. That made sense to me, because that needed to be done to make it weather tight, in order for interior finishing work to proceed during the winter.

and no, I didn't really like Alford, but there were a lot of good coaches that I don't like, Patino, Calipari, etc.... but they can recruit.
Are you saying SA could recruit? If so your wrong. Most of his recruits didn't have the grades to make into Iowa, that is a big reason why he went down south where it's easier to get the athletes into school.

Thank goodness Lick did not have the facility to lure a little better recruits and translate to a few more wins per year because that means we'd be subjected to a few more years of 42-36 games played the Butler Way. :)eek: me puking)

Latest posts