Power Rankings...Tiers...Whatever...

Iowa has a home heavy schedule including one against Michigan. Better yet we get a shot at Michigan State after that. Those two teams have done absolutely N-A-D-A convincing to prove superiority over us. They're barely ahead of Iowa's 8th place in the Sag, barely behind Iowa's 5 in KP. Seriously, did anybody analyze this out loud besides the first guy?

Try Michigan; what on this planet is it that suggests they aren't just hot? Even if they really are as good as this simple scorching streak suggests, you could EASILY pick out four losses on their remaining schedule, all of which come on the road. Obviously this requires Michigan to simply be hot the past 10 days. Go on, use some logic. Does it support those stating UM supremacy? Yes, it does. After all they started out of the gates strong, lost a lottery NBA pick, beat the other 3 best B1G teams without him, and an easy stretch run will be easier when their star NBA shoe-in returns! Just kidding, they played like junk for almost two months, lost McGary, had a torrid streak against struggling teams and they face a very tough remainder with a squeezed lineup.

Michigan State? Now THIS is dominance. They're a machine playing dominant ball against teams Iowa played. And by that I mean a rusty broken down machine needing OT against OSU, Minnesota and Iowa. At times those 3 teams were nursing their worst stretches. Still play UM, Iowa, OSU and WIS. And again, I can't state how sluggish they look.

Iowa is playing at their low point at a time we expected a sputter, if any. We're home heavy with only two games that appear in the least intimidating against Michigan and MSU. WIS, OSU, @MIN and @PUR the next toughest. 7-2 or 8-1. We're only dropping two of those, ladies and gentlemen. We've suffered heartbreak, not performance break. The most overmatched we've been was 4 when UM started shooting FTs. The best we've been is 26 twice, 21 and 10 twice. 3 very hard home games and 1 comparable roadie. 7-2 is written all over that, fellas.

The top tier being properly analyzed, make it:

MSU-UM-IOWA
Minny-WIS-NW-IU-OSU
PUR-ILL
NEB-PSU

I feel like I was just sent to the principal's office in elementary school. The principal laid out a bunch of "facts" which I accepted being a young child. I later grow up and realize all I was getting is the principal's perception of life, facts, events, etc. and ultimately will have to make up my own mind.

I feel like I was just sent to the principal's office in elementary school. The principal laid out a bunch of "facts" which I accepted being a young child. I later grow up and realize all I was getting is the principal's perception of life, facts, events, etc. and ultimately will have to make up my own mind.

My opinion related to the post quoted above...

The stars have aligned for Michigan over the last 10 games. It is unlikely this will last all season. I still think Michigan State will win the conference. Michigan is peaking at the wrong time...did this in the NCAA Tournament last year.

Michigan State is an outstanding defensive team. They can survive scoring lulls because of their defense...same thing Iowa does. I think they will win the conference. I believe they have the best starting back court in the Big 10 on both offense and defense. If Harris or Appling misses time due to injury as they have over their careers all bets are off.

Iowa's schedule is more favorable going forward. Get the win at Illinois and we are 6-3 with a much better schedule in the 2nd half and more wins over ranked opponents highly likely. I think we should win 8 out of 9 in the 2nd half and stand by this prediction. However, it could easily be 7-2 which is still going to land us in 3rd place and end up being an outstanding season.

The rest of the conference is a crap shoot. I think Minnesota is playing the best out of the remaining teams. They probably get 4th if Hollins had not gotten hurt. This could cost them but I still think they are the 4th best team. I like the standings minus Michigan and Michigan State as an indicator of where others stand. Beware of Nebraska...still think 9-9 is possible with their schedule and home court advantage.

So I've yet to come to a conclusion on Michigan, but honest question; How many games can this "hot streak" continue before they're considered a very good team and not simply one that is "hot". Just curious. There "hot" streak has literally lasted almost half the season and yet they're still not getting alot of credit. I tend to think they're very good (beatable but very good) and not simply just a team that's hot.

So I've yet to come to a conclusion on Michigan, but honest question; How many games can this "hot streak" continue before they're considered a very good team and not simply one that is "hot". Just curious. There "hot" streak has literally lasted almost half the season and yet they're still not getting alot of credit. I tend to think they're very good (beatable but very good) and not simply just a team that's hot.

I do think they're very good...better than I thought they would be. However, I honestly don't think they're better than Michigan State or Iowa. They beat us both but that's partially due to the fact they're hot and the other team was at less than 100% (Michigan State) and were hot and at home (Iowa). They can be very good and lose 3 or 4 B1G games IMO.

Iowa has a home heavy schedule including one against Michigan. Better yet we get a shot at Michigan State after that. Yea! Because trips to Breslin have always gone well for the Hawks.:rolleyes: Those two teams have done absolutely N-A-D-A convincing to prove superiority over us. Um, except beat Iowa: Michigan, convincingly; MSU without it's best player and starting front court on Iowa's home floor, no less. They're barely ahead of Iowa's 8th place in the Sag, barely behind Iowa's 5 in KP. Seriously, did anybody analyze this out loud besides the first guy?

Try Michigan; what on this planet is it that suggests they aren't just hot? Hot = 4-6 games. Undefeated, including the other 4 serious conference teams, = who they are. Let me ask you this, Is Iowa a bad free throw shooting team that has always struggled to defend the 3 or are they just in some sort of slump? Answer regarding either team ... It doesn't ******* matter as long as BOTH trends continue. Even if they really are as good as this simple scorching streak suggests, you could EASILY pick out four losses on their remaining schedule, all of which come on the road. Obviously this requires Michigan to simply be hot the past 10 days. Go on, use some logic. Does it support those stating UM supremacy? Yes, it does. After all they started out of the gates strong, lost a lottery NBA pick, beat the other 3 best B1G teams without him, and an easy stretch run will be easier when their star NBA shoe-in returns! Just kidding, they played like junk for almost two months, lost McGary, had a torrid streak against struggling teams and they face a very tough remainder with a squeezed lineup.

Michigan State? Now THIS is dominance. They're a machine playing dominant ball against teams Iowa played. And by that I mean a rusty broken down machine needing OT against OSU, Minnesota and Iowa. At least they still won. Meanwhile, Hawks have blown double digit leads in 4 of 5 losses and 6 point lead vs MSU. So, the fact that they were able to build such leads, even though they blew those leads, makes them equal to / better than the team that is mentally and physically tough enough, not to mention, well coached enough, to overcome adversity (missing 40% of it's roster and having to go to overtime) and get the W At times those 3 teams were nursing their worst stretches. Still play UM, Iowa, OSU and WIS. And again, I can't state how sluggish they look.

Iowa is playing at their low point at a time we expected a sputter, if any. We're home heavy with only two games that appear in the least intimidating against Michigan and MSU. WIS, OSU, @MIN and @PUR the next toughest. 7-2 or 8-1. We're only dropping two of those, ladies and gentlemen. We've suffered heartbreak, not performance break. The most overmatched we've been was 4 when UM started shooting FTs. The best we've been is 26 twice, 21 and 10 twice. 3 very hard home games and 1 comparable roadie. 7-2 is written all over that, fellas.

The top tier being properly analyzed, make it:

MSU-UM-IOWA
Minny-WIS-NW-IU-OSU
PUR-ILL
NEB-PSU

Sometimes the straws you grasp at crack me up, dawg.

Updated to include today's games...except Iowa vs. Illinois.

Iowa 5-1
Northwestern 5-3
Minnesota 4-3
Wisconsin 4-4
Ohio State 4-4
Indiana 3-3
Purdue 3-4
Nebraska 3-4
Penn State 2-4
Illinois 2-5

Standings if excluding Michigan and Michigan State.