Powell

BergHawk7

Hearing that powell will likely miss all of September, due to a hernia. Is this that big of loss, not many tough games that month.

If true he is going to be way behind in terms of football conditioning and practice reps once he's cleared to play.

So who will be our deep threat? Are Smith and Willies fast enough for that?

Yes, he is. For once, Iowa actually has some quality depth at this position.

And while Powell is certainly a deep threat, until he gets a bit more mixed into the offense with more packages, when he is in the game there isn't much need to think anything other than WR screen or straight fly pattern...not all that hard to defend...and Rudock doesn't have a cannon.

But, you'd rather have all hands on deck.

KMM, Smith, Hillyer, Willies...they are 1-4 in no particular order...and the last three listed are all 'big' targets

RS Powell. KMM, Willies, Hillyer and Tevaun will form a very nice receiving corps.

Can he RS? I'm not sure how the rules work with a juco who played a year (this is his 3rd yr of college, correct-1 juco and 1 last year).
Also, if it's just September he'd miss, why sit him for a year.

Can he RS? I'm not sure how the rules work with a juco who played a year (this is his 3rd yr of college, correct-1 juco and 1 last year).
Also, if it's just September he'd miss, why sit him for a year.

NCAA rules say every player has five years to play four. So yes, it's still available. He's technically a true senior this year because he played two in JUCO and one and Iowa so if the injury is bad enough he would red shirt and then get all of next season.

He may have been passed up by new recruits for time on the field. They may be just shuffling him thru the system.

NCAA rules say every player has five years to play four. So yes, it's still available. He's technically a true senior this year because he played two in JUCO and one and Iowa so if the injury is bad enough he would red shirt and then get all of next season.

Thx. I thought the red shirt had to be used within the first 2yrs, (after that it'd be a medical hardship deal).
*tips cap*

Latest posts