Powell updates anyone?

Unless he has an IQ below 70 he needs to touch the ball. When we get the ball to him he does things that most Iowa receivers can't do. He has shown incredible talent. He is not ********. He has a talent that most Iowa receivers don't have.. They need to get him the ******* ball.

They need to get Powell on the field as much as possible. Hes probably the fastest player we have.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but just because a guy is fast does not mean he automatically will be effective. There have been a lot of VERY fast Iowa footballers who were not all that productive on the field. Not saying we should give up on Powell....just saying the coaches know best who should be playing, despite what some fans choose to believe.

I hear he is faster than I'minsane bolt. Did you see him on that screen pass
(won't discuss just what type of screen it was)? Fastest player to ever put on cleats. But he only weighs 127 pounds. So it's tough to say just what will happen with him this year. My prediction, not much.

Does anyone remember the couple reverses we ran with him? It takes nothing more than a dose of bad breath to bring the kid down.

He is a situational player, end of story. I DO wish they would take advantage more, i.e., punt or KO returns and plays designed to get him in space.

The same way we all wish Weisman would get faster, canzeri get more carries and Daniels get the All-American recog he so richly deserves...

Relax folks. The best players will see the field, not just the first 11 on either side of the ball.

Last edited:
Unless he has an IQ below 70 he needs to touch the ball. When we get the ball to him he does things that most Iowa receivers can't do. He has shown incredible talent. He is not ********. He has a talent that most Iowa receivers don't have.. They need to get him the ******* ball.

You make such a convancing arguement. Could you tell us moar, please?

He was shown to be an extremely one-dimensional player in the MSU and LSU games. He brings little to the table against an actual, real defense, but with our cupcake schedule this year, more PT may be in the cards.

He's fast. I heard 4.1 40 (unofficial, with street clothes on). If we threw a bomb every play he would be open every time. Obviously kf fault and he makes a lot of money too.

He was shown to be an extremely one-dimensional player in the MSU and LSU games. He brings little to the table against an actual, real defense, but with our cupcake schedule this year, more PT may be in the cards.

Which games do you think he will get more Playing time? I assume that you mean whomever replaces MSU; maybe that's Indiana? Certainly, OSU was crap defensively last year so you must not mean them.

They need to get Powell on the field as much as possible. Hes probably the fastest player we have.
I agree.... However Paul Chaney may have been the fastest Hawkeye while he was there and really didn't make many plays either. I think Iowa just hasn't been that great at utilizing players like that to a degree. It's interesting and I would think if he just made one or two big plays early in the year then going forward just having him on the field will open up underneath coverage for the other receivers/tes. Even if he isn't making big plays a speedster threat can affect the game.

Maybe he out-runs the QB's arm? Jake struggles to throw an accurate deep ball, and sometimes they just come up short...like in the LSU game where Jake underthrew Powell, leading to an interception, while Powell had two steps on them and would have danced into the end zone.

He's fast. I heard 4.1 40 (unofficial, with street clothes on). If we threw a bomb every play he would be open every time. Obviously kf fault and he makes a lot of money too.

This reply is sad and revealing. The people who seem to be excited to see him do nothing are a puzzling lot. Other than lead the team in ypr he didn't do much. And as its been discussed, that might have more to do with how little he saw the field. But I think too many people interpret the excitement some have for him as an attack on KF. What a bizarre logic process. Feeling good about a kid's potential = hating on KF.

?????? . . . yeah, I know. It doesn't make sense.

Maybe he out-runs the QB's arm? Jake struggles to throw an accurate deep ball, and sometimes they just come up short...like in the LSU game where Jake underthrew Powell, leading to an interception, while Powell had two steps on them and would have danced into the end zone.
Which is why I think we will see him when the CJ package is on the field. Doesn't sound very KFish but if he does mean what I think he said about getting CJ on the field then maybe we will see DP used to our advantage. I have to lay off of the Kool Aid because I am having visions of JR marching the Hawks down the field and then when they get into the red zone (stall out zone?) they switch over to the CJ package which is loaded w/ all of the scoring threats.

Hayden said it well...albeit simplistically. "We know he can run fast...we just have to get him to run in the right direction".

KFz would probably add, "and block".

Last edited:
After 11 (5 per quarter, plus 1 at halftime) beers, I myself sometimes lose sight of him!

barbie1.jpg

I really think PC problem was that when he did get into the game he didn't run good routes. Was never where Stanzi wanted him to be. If he could of run routes and had hands like Colin Sanderson with his speed he would of been all BT
I agree.... However Paul Chaney may have been the fastest Hawkeye while he was there and really didn't make many plays either. I think Iowa just hasn't been that great at utilizing players like that to a degree. It's interesting and I would think if he just made one or two big plays early in the year then going forward just having him on the field will open up underneath coverage for the other receivers/tes. Even if he isn't making big plays a speedster threat can affect the game.

It's summer, there's no practice. No news is good news since that means they're staying out of trouble.

Latest posts