Potential Penn State players to Iowa

I know one cant have to many running backs, but id perfer that we stick with garmon and hill. How do we know lynch would be anybetter?

We don't. How do we know Garmon and Hill will stay healthy? None of our backs have experience. One more capable back would be a big step in the right direction. Plus I think Lynch has the ability to compete for the starting position. Competition is never a bad thing, but the biggest advantage to him joining the Hawks would be the boost to the depth chart.

Rob Howe ‏@HawkeyeInsider
“@ALynch_22: Decisions.” could b something, could be lunch. #Iowa #Hawkeyes #PSU.

Sounds like Akeel is deciding something.

We don't. How do we know Garmon and Hill will stay healthy? None of our backs have experience. One more capable back would be a big step in the right direction. Plus I think Lynch has the ability to compete for the starting position. Competition is never a bad thing, but the biggest advantage to him joining the Hawks would be the boost to the depth chart.

This!

I have huge doubts Garmon will make it at Iowa. Judging by his twitter page before he came to Iowa, I just can't see that kid staying out of trouble in IC.

Every major challenge that Garmon has faced in his life he has overcome. He made a mistake but if you look at what he has overcome in terms of cancer and a learning disability I find it hard to believe that he won't be able improve himself after the latest adversity in his life.

How long are players allowed to transfer without restriction?

I have to believe that a lot of these guys who are caught up the "solidarity" hype today... will regret their decision in a year or two when they get tired of playing for nothing...no conference title game, no conference championship, no bowl game.

What's the deadline on the transfer clause?

How long are players allowed to transfer without restriction?

I have to believe that a lot of these guys who are caught up the "solidarity" hype today... will regret their decision in a year or two when they get tired of playing for nothing...no conference title game, no conference championship, no bowl game.

What's the deadline on the transfer clause?

Basically, they have one year from the start of pre-season practice. If they transfer before the beginning of the 2013 season, they will be immediately eligible.... So there could be a lot of players bolt at the end of this coming season.

Once the players realize how much it would suck that they cannot EVER play in a bowl game their entire career, they may transfer. Or when the next recruiting class comes in with less than stellar players, and the downfall is ever more evident, they may transfer.

I would predict that at the end of the semester several players will leave. Once they start to fall, more will leave... Never getting to experience a bowl game in your career would be a serious downer for any PSU recruit/RS freshman. Knowing you are on a downward slide, that will NOT go up your entire career would be hard to swallow...

The talk, coverage and legal issues of this scandal are not even over yet. Embarrassment that will not end until you transfer. Reality will set in.

With the looming threat of the "no need to name" deity, I would feel a lot more comfortable with Lynch. I don't feel like he'll switch tho. Coach O'Brien seems to have these kids pumped about solidarity.

As for Garmon... he's had a rough start since committing to Iowa. I'm hoping he hops on the straight and narrow. KF won't tolerate any Tom Foolery for too long (ie... McCall).

"I would predict that at the end of the semester several players will leave. Once they start to fall, more will leave... Never getting to experience a bowl game in your career would be a serious downer for any PSU recruit/RS freshman. Knowing you are on a downward slide, that will NOT go up your entire career would be hard to swallow"

Maybe they could send some of their players over to Ames, Iowa for counciling where I am sure they are fully staffed to handle the clinical depression that comes from such situations. :D

I heard that any football player on scholarship can quit football and remain in school still paid for. Do any of the players really decide to do this?

With more and more time going by, and more and more players/commits reaffirming that theyll stay, it makes me wonder if the penalties given by the ncaa will effect them much. Ya i know no bowls games and limited scholies, but it just doesnt seem like its really gonna hurt them. I just dont get why they keep saying theyll stay. What is Obrian telling them? No one is leaving.

With more and more time going by, and more and more players/commits reaffirming that theyll stay, it makes me wonder if the penalties given by the ncaa will effect them much. Ya i know no bowls games and limited scholies, but it just doesnt seem like its really gonna hurt them. I just dont get why they keep saying theyll stay. What is Obrian telling them? No one is leaving.

1. We are still on TV
2. We are still playing our regular schedule in front of our home fans.
3. We are still on TV
4. We will have new uniforms
5. We will still be on TV

Latest posts