Potential Hawks in the Super Bowl

nickhawk

My dream matchup in the Super Bowl would be the Colts vs. Vikings.

This game would showcase two former Hawks in very significant roles in Dallas Clark and Chad Greenway. Clark has proven to be an All Pro Tight End and I think the better he continues to perform, the better our program looks to future stud TE's like the new CJ kid we picked up (I won't even try to spell his last name).

Greenway is an emerging star who I think will be a Pro Bowler in the next couple of years and I think our LB core the last 10 or so years has realistically been at the same level of OSU and PSU which are traditionally called LB Universities. This year's recruiting class is loaded with potential stud LB's with Morris and Poggi headlining the class, and having a former Hawk LB playing in the Super Bowl would only add to future recruiting pitch lines for other stud LB's.

On a side note, you have to feel bad for Nate Kaeding - the guy is the most accurate kicker in NFL history to this point, but he has had a couple of devastating playoff games. I sure hope he mentally recovers enough to continue to be one of the best kickers in the NFL. I know that some SD fans are going to be really tough on him.

Kudos to Shonn Greene - I think before his playing days are done he will go down as having the best NFL career of any former Hawk running back. He has a ways to go to match what Ronnie Harmon did in the NFL, but it looks like he has a very bright future in the league.

I do hope the Vikings make it...but I may be rooting for the Jets over the Colts. Dallas has his ring and I know you always want more...but Iowa's reputation at a TE school is solid...getting Greene on that worldwide stage..wow...that could be something

I think it would be great for Greene and the Jets too, it is just hard to root for the Jets because of Mike Greenberg.

I am rooting for a vikings and jets match up. Either way whether the colts or jets get there, we will have at least one former hawkeye playing in the superbowl.

I do hope the Vikings make it...but I may be rooting for the Jets over the Colts. Dallas has his ring and I know you always want more...but Iowa's reputation at a TE school is solid...getting Greene on that worldwide stage..wow...that could be something

It would do wonders for recruiting too.

My dream matchup in the Super Bowl would be the Colts vs. Vikings.

This game would showcase two former Hawks in very significant roles in Dallas Clark and Chad Greenway. Clark has proven to be an All Pro Tight End and I think the better he continues to perform, the better our program looks to future stud TE's like the new CJ kid we picked up (I won't even try to spell his last name).

Greenway is an emerging star who I think will be a Pro Bowler in the next couple of years and I think our LB core the last 10 or so years has realistically been at the same level of OSU and PSU which are traditionally called LB Universities. This year's recruiting class is loaded with potential stud LB's with Morris and Poggi headlining the class, and having a former Hawk LB playing in the Super Bowl would only add to future recruiting pitch lines for other stud LB's.

On a side note, you have to feel bad for Nate Kaeding - the guy is the most accurate kicker in NFL history to this point, but he has had a couple of devastating playoff games. I sure hope he mentally recovers enough to continue to be one of the best kickers in the NFL. I know that some SD fans are going to be really tough on him.

Kudos to Shonn Greene - I think before his playing days are done he will go down as having the best NFL career of any former Hawk running back. He has a ways to go to match what Ronnie Harmon did in the NFL, but it looks like he has a very bright future in the league.

You really think Greenway will be a pro bowler?

Latest posts