Post Your UNpopular Hawkeye Hot Take

The Ring of Honor is not honorable at all. The thing is nearly impossible to get on with the current state of football. There isn’t one player in the KF era on it…. Not Bob Sanders, no Gallery, no Josey Jewel. It’s ridiculous.

The Ring of Honor is not honorable at all. The thing is nearly impossible to get on with the current state of football. There isn’t one player in the KF era on it…. Not Bob Sanders, no Gallery, no Josey Jewel. It’s ridiculous.
Didn’t know that there was one

SCHawkeye2 said:
Iowa needs to utilize the transfer portal for incoming talent, not just outgoing.

Not unpopular. Mod please delete
Actually, my suggestion was/is unpopular. Many regulars on this board are against the recruitment of transfers:

"We don't need transfers."
"If they are in the portal, we dont want them"
"Name one portal player who is any good who would come to Iowa."

Last edited:
Actually, my suggestion was/is unpopular. Many regulars on this board are against the recruitment of transfers:

"We don't need transfers."
"If they are in the portal, we dont want them"
"Name one portal player who is any good who would come to Iowa."

I'm not against it, I just don't think it will be a panacea. Hell, yesterday I somehow got left on a Clemson group text from the basketball game on Friday night and during and after their loss to the Cocks they sounded 10x worse than Iowa fans. Damned near same complaints. "Need a new o-coordinator and to hit the portal hard for WR and OL talent."

Look, I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer here, but I ain't expecting the next Dan McGwire or even Jake Rudock to walk through that portal door into this tire fire Iowa offense.

Brian Ferentz isn't the one to blame for Iowa's inept offense. He's running the offense Kirk wants him to.
There is more to it than scheme. There is evaluations, recruitment development and retention of staff and players, taken altogether it’s a bust by nearly every standard

I have always been a fan of Kirk's. But no coach worth his salt would tolerate having an offense which performs so poorly. This experiment has failed. Some of that big ten money should be used to fix it.

The effort about every 10 years or so of some student getting a masters degree in design (that is clueless about athletics in general) to propose a new form of the tigerhawk logo.

It is sacrosanct. Leave it alone.

Latest posts