Post your most memorial golf shot

• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date
I

Ian Pike Hammer

doesn't have to be a good shot, could also be a shot you witnessed.

I was playing in a 32 team tourney in Garden City Ks. We were on the edge of the green on #6, a short 90-degree dog'leg to the right. My turn to putt. The green sloped SEVERELY downhill to the left, so much so that I just couldn't see any line to the hole. I studied it so much I could tell my teammates were getting antsy, "Just putt the damn thing and we'll take a bogey!" I could hear them thinking. I was prolly 30 feet away with another 30 foot line to the right of the hole to allow for the slope. I just couldn't see it. It was too outrageous to even try. I decided to try to shoot it about a foot to the right of the hole, hit it hard and hope it slowed down enough to die at the hole, which it did, right after it caught the last of the turn as it slowed and plopped softly in the hole.
We lost the tourney by 25 strokes, but the ribeye afterward was delicious!

Pretty much every one of my golf shots is *memorial. :(

Had a friend who told me he was teeing off, the ball struck the round, cement marker at the front of the tee box that you can't tee off past, and came back, nearly taking his head off!

My hole in one at Highland Golf Course, Iowa Falls with my father in law. 4 people on the course, 2 thst wirked thete, me and the father in law. Pretty cheap round of beer. Hole number 4 along the Iowa River. Tben came within inches on hole 6. Two of my memorable shots, same day

100 yard straight down hill par 3 at Toad Valley. Duffed my tee shot down the hill and got pissed so said I was hitting another one just for fun. Shanked that shot down the hill to the right. But that shot somehow took a vicious kick left right towards the hole. The hill is so steep that you cant see a lot of the fairway between the tee box and green so after the kick we lot sight of the ball. We waited to see if it would roll up onto the gree for a second or two but it never showed up until enough time passed where I assumed it had to be done rolling by then. Suddenly we see it shooting across the green about 100 miles per hour, drills the pin hard as hell, then stops right next to the hole about an inch away. To this day I can't believe it was still moving so fast after so much down time between the last time we saw it and when it appeared on the green. If it would have fallen, my only hole in one ever would have come off a shanked shot mulligan. I still don't know if I wish it would have fallen or I'm glad it didn't.

I sliced for 10 years, then when I finally started hitting it straight, I quit playing. Played on the back 9 on a course called South Wind, in Garden City Ks, beautiful private course, lotta water.
One hole had a real windmill to the side of the green. With my slice I decided to aim right for it, knowing there was no way in hell I'd hit a straight ball. Yup, you guessed it, slammed right into the windmill and bounced out of bounds. Only course I ever played with a windmill on it and I hit it!

I sliced for 10 years, then when I finally started hitting it straight, I quit playing. Played on the back 9 on a course called South Wind, in Garden City Ks, beautiful private course, lotta water.
One hole had a real windmill to the side of the green. With my slice I decided to aim right for it, knowing there was no way in hell I'd hit a straight ball. Yup, you guessed it, slammed right into the windmill and bounced out of bounds. Only course I ever played with a windmill on it and I hit it!

You've never mini golfed?