Post Game Reaction - UNI/UI

I used to like UNI. Hell, I even went to their games quite a bit, but ever since the 2009 football game, coupled with their Sweet Sixteen run, Panther fans up here in the Waterloo-Cedar Falls area have become total a**holes to Iowa fans. In most cases, they are way worse than the typical ISU troll. Listen up, jackholes. Just because you nearly stole a win in Kinnick, and beat Kansas in the tourney, you still mean zero to the average Hawk fan. Getting in my face and taunting me about it constantly just made me quit going to your little band box of an arena and spending money on your pissant sports.

1. Creighton probably will beat the hell out of us. They are a very good team. We are average.

2. UNI didn't ref the game....the refs did. Don't blame calls that you wanted to go the other way on the players.

3. I'm sure you can still get those tickets. Carver has turned into a ghost town over the past few seasons.

4. Comparing Jacobson to McCaffery: McCaffery is twice as good of a coach as Jacobson???

McCaffery win %: 57%
Jacobson win %: 67%

McCaffery Conference Championships: 4
Jacobson: 2

McCaffery Tournament Championships: 3

McCaffery NCAA wins: 2

McCaffery Furthest Reached: Round of 32
Jacobson: Sweet 16

McCaffery Years as HC: 16 years
Jacobson: 5

I would say Jacobson is more than 1/2 the coach...in fact, it may be the other way around.

You're right, Jacobson is twice the coach of McCaffery. Jacobson inherited a dynamite program where the work was already done. McCaffery takes worthless programs and takes them to the tournament. He's proven that three times. Again, you're probably right though.

3. I'm sure you can still get those tickets. Carver has turned into a ghost town over the past few seasons.

Yet in our down years we still have a higher average attendance, as seen last year, than the capacity of your arena. But keep posting with some air of superiority if it makes you feel better.

What I like is how an Iowa player can jump straight up and grab a re-bound and a UNI player can come crashing down on him causing the Iowa player the lose his balance. Do the dumb *** zebras call a foul......no they call traveling. Then there is the Iowa player running to the top of the key to get a pass and the Iowa player get there for the pass and the UNI player runs into the Iowa player and they call a foul on the Iowa player for throwing an elbow. I watched that play three times and there was never an elbow thrown.....not even close.

Last edited:
What I like is how an Iowa player can jump straight up and grab a re-bound and a UNI player can come crashing down on him causing the Iowa player the lose his balance. Do the dumb *** zebras call a foul......no they call traveling. Then there is the Iowa player running to the top of the key to get a pass and the Iowa player get there for the pass and the UNI player runs into the Iowa player and they call a foul on the Iowa player for throwing an elbow. I watched that play three times and there was never an elbow thrown.....not even close. If this is acceptable to UNI coaches and fans then screw them. Iowa should end the series after this year. Horrible officiating! If they had done this in Iowa City they would be lucky to leave the court in one piece....... Speaking of piece that's what these zebras are Pieces of sh!t.

How about when McCabe slaps the ball out of bounds and we get a tech, but when one of their players throws the ball into Aaron White's face after a timeout they get nothing. Complete garbage, those officials disgraced college basketball last night.

PEOPLE look at the names. You see a win against Baylor or Providence as better than a win against UNI because of the NAME. Fortunately, that isn't what decides who goes to the Dance. The committee looks at Quality Wins = Wins against top 100 RPI and Bad Losses = Losses to teams below 150. The numbers matter....not the name.

People look at the names. Recruits are people. I care a lot more about the perception of recruits than I do about what numbers the NCAA committee looks at once in a while that Iowa might be a bubble-team, and really, it's only when you're on the bubble that RPI matters at all. Playing UNI in Cedar Falls is bad for recruiting, period. If the Panthers want to come to Iowa City every year, I'm fine with that, but playing in Cedar Falls is a no-win situation. The two or three days every few years when Iowa might be on the bubble, the Hawkeyes played the #65 team in the RPI. The other 99.9% of the time, Iowa played Northern Iowa.

After cooling off a little I will have to admit having officiated a few basketball games and softball games that sometimes you can miss a call here and there. The general rule is to follow the ball however and most calls that get missed are off the ball fouls. I am sure when the officials go back and look at the plays they will be scratching their heads and wondering what they thought they saw on those two plays I mentioned. I know I missed calls before and had players tell me that they did hack a player and I missed it. I wasn't doing at a collegient level as it was intermerril league play. On tv it look so obvious but sometimes the officials get screened out by another player standing in front of them or blocking their vision at just the right moment. I am not excusing the missed calls but missed calls do happen and are not always done with intent to help one team over the other. It just seemed like a lot of the missed calls were leaning toward UNI's benefit.

What probably bothers me the most is that I expected that we would be playing better at this point as a team than what we have been playing. I knew we were not going to be competing for the Big Ten title or anything but I did expect more out of the guys that were leaders on last years team. Hopefully they can start to play better and more consistent.

I can't believe I read all of the posts in this thread. Shame on me. I've always liked UNI. I used to hate ISU, but now that I'm in Minny, I save my hate for the Gophers. Unfortunately we have to take whatever people send our way - we got beat. I just hope that all of this goes in the memory bank of our underclassmen. No matter how good UNI is and how bad we are, a loss to them (even on the road with some home cooking) is still a bad loss. Nothing a Panther says or does will change that. I for one was ok with Fran the other night. In the big picture the loss meant almost nothing. We need to kick the wussy losing attitude to the curb. Fran won't tolerate losing to programs we should beat. UNI has been a better hoops program than us for a while now, but I wouldn't bet that will be the case for much longer.

How about when McCabe slaps the ball out of bounds and we get a tech, but when one of their players throws the ball into Aaron White's face after a timeout they get nothing. Complete garbage, those officials disgraced college basketball last night.

How about when Aaron White was the one who started the whole thing when Moran flipped the ball over his head?