Possible Tressel to NU?

weis4heis

Sounds like Jim Tressel to Nebraska is a possibility. How would you feel about having him back in the conference?

He's been out of the game for 4 years now. He also won't recruit as well at Nebraska as he did at OSU. I don't think he'd win anymore than Bo Pelini.

NU = Northwestern University. Fitz has not been terminated yet, so please remove this defamatory thread.

I think it comes down to #1 - Scott Frost (His Job to turn down IMO), Greg Schiano and Greg Bohl. I think it comes down to one of these 3 guys. A sleeper guy is Mark Richt.

He's been out of the game for 4 years now. He also won't recruit as well at Nebraska as he did at OSU. I don't think he'd win anymore than Bo Pelini.

This is what I think too. Been away for 4 years, has the game passed him by? Will he still have the recruiting clout/connections that he used to? I really don't think so.

Tressel's "show cause" penalty doesn't end until 2016. If he gets hired before than he will be suspended the first 5 games of the season. Plus he's 61. Unless he's bringing a "coach in waiting" with him on his staff, this is a long shot IMO

But I would love to see him coaching again. He lied to he NCAA but the same can be said for probably every coach and player who has ever been asked a question by the NCAA.

Tressel's "show cause" penalty doesn't end until 2016. If he gets hired before than he will be suspended the first 5 games of the season. Plus he's 61. Unless he's bringing a "coach in waiting" with him on his staff, this is a long shot IMO

But I would love to see him coaching again. He lied to he NCAA but the same can be said for probably every coach and player who has ever been asked a question by the NCAA.

There's been quite a bit of talk of Scott Frost being his OC/HCIW. It seems out of left field but who knows. If it happens maybe it would give GB the kick he needs to demand more of his coach.

Bring him on. He still hasn't shown he can get it done WITHOUT cheating. To be honest, the guy gives me the creeps. Not sure why but he's just one of those guys.

There is a lot of talk that he is certainly in the mix.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I would assume they had their man before Bo got the axe.

Didn't vest release a statement saying he wasn't their man. Like his word means anything any way.

Eichorst can't seriously talk about their core values in the press conference and then hire Tressel. Tressel isn't a bad/evil person (a la Jerry Sandusky and I know that's an extreme comparison) but he's shown on multiple occasions at multiple institutions that he's willing to break rules AND lie about it. That goes straight to integrity even if the rule is minor and the lie is minor in the grander scheme.

Hunter I really hope they don't have their man and they experience a little bit of what Iowa went through when hiring a replacement for Lick in hoops. Your program isn't on the delusional level you goobers think it is and it's not the marquee job you all think it is either.

I would assume they had their man before Bo got the axe.

Didn't vest release a statement saying he wasn't their man. Like his word means anything any way.

Maybe. But remember, Urb wasn't going to OSU and Sabs wasn't going to Bama.

Eichorst can't seriously talk about their core values in the press conference and then hire Tressel. Tressel isn't a bad/evil person (a la Jerry Sandusky and I know that's an extreme comparison) but he's shown on multiple occasions at multiple institutions that he's willing to break rules AND lie about it. That goes straight to integrity even if the rule is minor and the lie is minor in the grander scheme.

I agree.

The only thing I can defend this with is that the stuff he did goes on everywhere, see the $EC.

Hunter I really hope they don't have their man and they experience a little bit of what Iowa went through when hiring a replacement for Lick in hoops. Your program isn't on the delusional level you goobers think it is and it's not the marquee job you all think it is either.

We have been going through a tough time post Colorado 2001.

Time will tell, time will tell.

See, this is the small-mindedness I see out of our fan base too often IMO. What's wrong with demanding more and wanting to be a top program and not settling for less? Do you think schools become a top 10 program on accident? No. It starts with demanding excellence. It can be done. It starts with having a vision and a plan to get there and then going out and taking what you want.

Latest posts