Positive Aspect - Tactical Advantage

okeefe4prez

Low IQ fans will look at the stat line from last night be disappointed with the offense. I think Brian did what we needed.

There's a 99.9998% chance that we see PSU again in the Big Ten title game. They have a nice program. Brian ensured that our defense got to see their entire playbook and he ensured that their defense has virtually no intel on Iowa's offense for the rematch. These Ferentz boys are playing t o win the damned conference and you don't do that by showing your hand in September.

Low IQ fans will look at the stat line from last night be disappointed with the offense. I think Brian did what we needed.

There's a 99.9998% chance that we see PSU again in the Big Ten title game. They have a nice program. Brian ensured that our defense got to see their entire playbook and he ensured that their defense has virtually no intel on Iowa's offense for the rematch. These Ferentz boys are playing t o win the damned conference and you don't do that by showing your hand in September.
Lol

I hope that felt good to type.

I hope that felt good to type.

We're going to play them again. I think they will make the title game and our side is absolutely putrid so we have about a 98.23% chance of also making it. Would we beat them if we played them again? Probably not, but that performance absolutely guarandamnteed that I will not waste my time driving to Indianapolis to watch Iowa play one of the three elite teams from the East. Thank goodness for that game last night. What if we had three soft crossover games and went 12-0? How many Hawk fans would have been coaxed into one last trip to Indy to see something like that happen to us yet again? Whatever mojo Ferentz had against the big boys is long gone. Sure, we beat UPenn in 2021, but they wound up 7-5 that year. Against a normal strength big dog we got nothing.

We're going to play them again. I think they will make the title game and our side is absolutely putrid so we have about a 98.23% chance of also making it. Would we beat them if we played them again? Probably not, but that performance absolutely guarandamnteed that I will not waste my time driving to Indianapolis to watch Iowa play one of the three elite teams from the East. Thank goodness for that game last night. What if we had three soft crossover games and went 12-0? How many Hawk fans would have been coaxed into one last trip to Indy to see something like that happen to us yet again? Whatever mojo Ferentz had against the big boys is long gone. Sure, we beat UPenn in 2021, but they wound up 7-5 that year. Against a normal strength big dog we got nothing.

Six bucks and my right nut says Iowa wins no more than 7 games. The state of the O, the quality of the D and the quality of offenses they'll face net out to Iowa winning fewer games. this Isn't 2021 or 2022. Its a new low because of a combination of factors.

Six bucks and my right nut says Iowa wins no more than 7 games. The state of the O, the quality of the D and the quality of offenses they'll face net out to Iowa winning fewer games. this Isn't 2021 or 2022. Its a new low because of a combination of factors.

They will win the West because it is putrid. The wildcard in this is Wisconsin. I have not quite figured them out yet.

That team is either gonna rally and win out/go 10-2 or go down a spiral like we did in 2006 and 2007 and wind up 6-6 with wins against Rutgers, Northwestern and maybe Minnesota or Purdue. I don't think they will spiral, namely just because of how absolutely terrible the division is and how soft the schedule is.

Iowa's schedule is soft, but I can't see them making it to Indy. This team has at least 2 more losses in them....my guess Wisconsin and little red.

Last night we saw Brian take a major step as a coordinator. The fans with their oh so clever "FIRE BRIAN" chant got a helluva dose of humble pie. Come on. We're down our starting QB, our best TE who is our best receiver, and our top two RBs and the fans were getting restless because we didn't run a freaking 4 verticals route on 3rd and long deep in our own territory. Way to silence the haters, Brian!

Anyway, if we didn't keep the playbook close to the vest in the PSU game, then Hill doesn't get all those live game snaps against such a good defense and he WOULD NOT have been ready to go against MSU.

Winning a conference game when forced to go to the backup is a big deal and I hope our idiotic fan base realizes what Brian did or that they go off and become fans of another team.

99.99998% chance? No

Michigan is winning the East. Iowa is not winning the West.

Latest posts