Pop Quiz.

hawkdrummer1

Want your answer to what's missing with this team? (aside from QB coaching). Take this one question pop quiz.
No cheating...go with your first, quick, gut answer. Ready...GO!
Who are the leaders on this team?

Want your answer to what's missing with this team? (aside from QB coaching). Take this one question pop quiz.

Offense so that is on BFerentz, receivers are not separating or we have bad routes. Petras isnt finding a lot of wide open receivers which he usually hits. The running game really got the yards last week but Fitzy is going to shut that down so you have to go over the top.

But BFerentz again calls for lots and lots of short routes with lots of traffic so I aint putting this all on Petras.

Nixon seems to be a defensive leader, he was clapping before a play in the second half trying to keep the troops going. No leaders on offense.

We miss Wirfs

After watching the press conference on YouTube, Daviyon Nixon is definitely the guy. I’d check it out. He’s got his head screwed on straight.

Unfortunately everybody else has to buy in and I think most of the rest of these guys aren’t ready for big time football yet.

People can say what they want but it’s a good thing these games are farts in the wind this year. Good practice for whenever they have an actual season.

Two things:
1. O-line struggled to move NW off the line. Scary to think what PSU and Wisky will do.
2. I'm concerned with our weakness against stopping the run off the edge.
AJE is definitely missed.

I
I think the players saw through the Doyle firing and not BF and are angry about it.

I think the players on this team now would probably take a bullet for their coaches. There’s no hidden story here we just aren’t good. It happens.

Yeah, I think this is a big part of it. The key is going to be whether Kirk can keep the team from quitting. We really need guys in the program for 4-5 years and with all the stars leaving early, it just ain't good for a program like ours. We just don't have the depth necessary to recover from losing so many guys early. You don't drop guys like Wirfs, Epenesa and Stone a year early and get better, especially with a new QB. Put those 3 guys back on the team and we're probably 2-0 right now.

I think the players on this team now would probably take a bullet for their coaches. There’s no hidden story here we just aren’t good. It happens.

Could be, but there's clearly a void of obvious leaders on this team. The only name I've seen thrown out is D Nixon. He's a beast and certainly sets the standard for intensity and effort. His teammates respect him.

But who else is holding this team together? I'm guessing the locker room is somewhat splintered. As with many things, they're had to destroy from without...most effectively undermined from within.

The ISM incident isn't gonna help. The guy that looked to be our biggest playmaker going into the season ...goes from much anticipated to criticized and questioned (look at the film) to biggest problem on the team in a matter of 9 days. Not good.

Yeah, I think this is a big part of it. The key is going to be whether Kirk can keep the team from quitting. We really need guys in the program for 4-5 years and with all the stars leaving early, it just ain't good for a program like ours. We just don't have the depth necessary to recover from losing so many guys early. You don't drop guys like Wirfs, Epenesa and Stone a year early and get better, especially with a new QB. Put those 3 guys back on the team and we're probably 2-0 right now.

We are not Alabama, Clemson, or Ohio State among other elite programs

Those with 4/5 Star players sitting on the bench sometimes 2 deep at certain positions

We are a safety/ cornerback factory stop on the way to the NFL

Same for tight ends

This is basically a rebuilding year in a very strange year

:cool:

We just aren't good RIGHT NOW. Like dozens of teams across the nation, we need more time. There's your story.

after the off-season race drama this program went through a young white player isn’t going to jump into that role. so where are the veteran black leaders?
Yeah, keep it going. BF isn’t leaving. And I didn’t see a bunch black players leaving for race reasons either.
Even after getting posts deleted and being told to stop baiting people on covid and racial issues in the football forum, you still keep doing it.

The off Topic forum was specifically created for that and there's plenty of discussion and folks who want to discuss it there.

Stop doing it.

Latest posts