poll; would you rather see ISU lose 1 game a year or everygame.

When the Hawks beat them, then I wouldn't mind seeing them do well. Now if ISU beats the Hawks, then I usually have a different feeling about them.

What is, "who gives a ****?" for 400 Alex. ISU football has a direct impact on Iowa football exactly one time every year. Their other 11 games are of no consequence to Iowa.

That's not really true...regarding the impact on Iowa. The success of all Iowa's opponents impacts their standing in the BCS...so it DOES matter to Iowa how well ISU performs.

I'd have them lose between 5 and 7 games a year. Not so bad that it's embarrassing to play them but not so good anyone really cares about them or that they screw with in-state recruiting. Nice and mediocre.

That's not really true...regarding the impact on Iowa. The success of all Iowa's opponents impacts their standing in the BCS...so it DOES matter to Iowa how well ISU performs.

Right, but how often has that happened? 2002, and that's it until this year. As Iowa is rarely in a spot to go to the BCS, ISU's impact on where Iowa ends up is minimal, and even when you consider that, if Iowa wins out, what ISU does doesn't matter, as Iowa would be in the BCS regardless.

Again, not true...if Iowa wins out, its their strength of schedule...as determined by how strong their opponents were...that will be the difference between being ahead of teams like Cincinnati, BSU, USC...and being behind them.

Further, I'm a firm believer that a state with two solid football programs draws more notice and better PR than a state with a single program that rises to a great year every few years. In other words, Iowa winning and/or losing to a strong ISU program is better for Iowa than winning and/or losing to a weak ISU program.

It seems a pretty simple formula...if your reasoning isn't overwhelmed by a juvenile hatred if ISU.

I live in Ankeny and I want them to lose every game every year period. If you worked with Iowa State fans you would understand my reasoning.

Again, not true...if Iowa wins out, its their strength of schedule...as determined by how strong their opponents were...that will be the difference between being ahead of teams like Cincinnati, BSU, USC...and being behind them.

Further, I'm a firm believer that a state with two solid football programs draws more notice and better PR than a state with a single program that rises to a great year every few years. In other words, Iowa winning and/or losing to a strong ISU program is better for Iowa than winning and/or losing to a weak ISU program.

It seems a pretty simple formula...if your reasoning isn't overwhelmed by a juvenile hatred if ISU.

Hardly juvenile, just reality. ISU will more than likely finish within a game or two of .500 this year, every win they have to strengthen the Iowa SOS will be cancelled out by the subsequent loss.

If Iowa wins this weekend, they'll jump ahead of Cincinatti, as the difference between the two was .00001 points on Sunday. Big 10 road win > Big East home win. It's also a safe assumption that if Iowa continues to win that they'll jump Boise State as well.

I don't suppose it's possible that Iowa is getting held down in the computer ranking by the 1-point win over UNI or the 3 point win over Arkansas St.

Last edited:
Iowa is #3 in the computer polls so don't blame the damn machines.

As for the original post, I'd like to see ISU make some noise, as long as it's not against us.

Last edited:
I would like to see Iowa State win every game except for Iowa, and UNI when they play, Iowa State's success is only good for the state of Iowa.

Iowa State winning every game except losing to Iowa would be the best, and they

would really hate us all the more.

Over the years I have migrated to the type of fan that would rather see them win every game but the Iowa game. I used to wish nothing but bad things on them. Their fans CAN be jerks, but so can ours. I want success for the young men playing, not the fans who wish they could.

Latest posts