Poll: Would you go to games if this happened here?

Would you go to games, etc if the PSU scandal happened at Iowa?

• Yes

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 40 61.5%

• Total voters

racerhawk

Question: Would you go to hawk games, and watch them on TV, if Iowa systematically concealed pedophilia in the football program?

I have been a season ticket holder for years, but I'd drop those tickets in a heartbeat if this happened at Iowa.

i think we'd see a hastily written piece by paula cluck about how clownation is going to dominate iowa in recruiting....

racer - buyers would be there to take your tickets from you, i'd bet.

i'd still watch.

i think we'd see a hastily written piece by paula cluck about how clownation is going to dominate iowa in recruiting....

racer - buyers would be there to take your tickets from you, i'd bet.

i'd still watch.

I'm sure they would. I love the hawks dearly, and travel to away games. Heck, I don't even live in Iowa and go to Kinnick a lot.

Having said that, I just don't know if I could support a group that would do something like PSU did. Maybe, with complete contrition and a clean house, I'd keep my tickets. But, that is not the case at Happy Valley right now.

I would likely disassociate until such time as the culprits were brought to justice, the University had been punished to my satisfaction (which would have to be severe), and the victims had been made whole (or as whole as possible).

I'm sure they would. I love the hawks dearly, and travel to away games. Heck, I don't even live in Iowa and go to Kinnick a lot.

Having said that, I just don't know if I could support a group that would do something like PSU did. Maybe, with complete contrition and a clean house, I'd keep my tickets. But, that is not the case at Happy Valley right now.
Are you saying you don't see complete contrition at PSU as of today? Because they have cleaned house.

I'm sure they would. I love the hawks dearly, and travel to away games. Heck, I don't even live in Iowa and go to Kinnick a lot. Having said that, I just don't know if I could support a group that would do something like PSU did. Maybe, with complete contrition and a clean house, I'd keep my tickets. But, that is not the case at Happy Valley right now.
Are you saying you don't see complete contrition at PSU as of today? Because they have cleaned house.

No they haven't. There are still coaches from Joe's staff that are still there. What about the BOT?

I would probably drop out of Hawkeye fandom. I would continue to support the university in the same respect as I support our other state universities.

I may drop out of sports fandom in general. Even without this occurring to our beloved Hawkeyes, it seems you have to hold your nose more and more each year to be a sports fan.

images

I'll put it this way: if Iowa was on I would still watch-- I'm just being honest here. But if the NCAA gave Iowa the death penalty for several years I'd also understand why.

My answer depends on how the aftermath is handled. If like PSU, then I'd probs stay away. With that being said, there are way too many PSU threads right now. It's no longer a sports story and I'm not very interested in talking or thinking about it. Obviously, you guys can do whatcha please, but I don't think this story should command 10+ threads on this site.

I just wish this crime/story would sort itself out, the monsters would be punished hard, and we could go back to talking about recruiting.

My answer depends on how the aftermath is handled. If like PSU, then I'd probs stay away. With that being said, there are way too many PSU threads right now. It's no longer a sports story and I'm not very interested in talking or thinking about it. Obviously, you guys can do whatcha please, but I don't think this story should command 10+ threads on this site.

I just wish this crime/story would sort itself out, the monsters would be punished hard, and we could go back to talking about recruiting.

It's the most atrocious scandal in the history of college sports, the university responsible is bungling the hell out of the response, AND it's a school on our schedule, in our conference.

It matters here.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, this is such a sensitive case and such an outrage. But in terms of our fandom, I would like to move on. I enjoy coming onto this site every once I a while and enjoy reading and talking about the hawkeye gossip so to speak. I miss that.

Every time I turn on espn or talk radio or this site, it's all PSU. It frustrates me a little

It's the most atrocious scandal in the history of college sports, the university responsible is bungling the hell out of the response, AND it's a school on our schedule, in our conference.

It matters here.

To an extent, I agree. But If you go to the hawkeyenation page at forums, just the classic viewing format, I counted 12 threads about PSU, the scandal, or spinoff threads about PSU threads. To me, that's too many

I would likely disassociate until such time as the culprits were brought to justice, the University had been punished to my satisfaction (which would have to be severe), and the victims had been made whole (or as whole as possible).
This is the correct answer

To an extent, I agree. But If you go to the hawkeyenation page at forums, just the classic viewing format, I counted 12 threads about PSU, the scandal, or spinoff threads about PSU threads. To me, that's too many

Not trying to be an a$$, but just don't use that view if you don't want to see them. Go to the football forum, off topic, basketball, etc.

For me, there can't be enough threads or enough talk about the topic. For 14 years (and now there is evidence of possibly 20-30+ years) a school covered up a serial child rapist. I think it isn't too much to ask for you to click on the actual forums or topics you want to discuss.

Let's hope all of this "talk" will give someone enough courage to come forward if they suspect an abuse. Even if it saved one innocent kid from getting raped I think it's well worth you having to alter how you view forums on this website.

No, I love football but there are things in life that are much more important than a game. I would rather see Iowa never win another game if it meant not another kid would be molested. I would sacrifice this upcoming season if it would help get those 2 little girls back safely that disappeared in Evansdale, and I do not even know them.

Latest posts