Poll: Will we see anything different this week?

What did the coaches add over the bye?

• Several new wrinkles and would you believe an actual gameplan

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • A wrinkle or two that look like they were added during warmups

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Nothing- same old Hawks

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters

hawkeyes87

PSU is playing well, they'll have a big rowdy crowd, and the Hawkeye offense could use a spark. Do you think KF and friends will chip in, or just "let them play"?

I'm thinking a wrinkle or two, like the McCarron fail.

KF is from Pennsylvania, he recruits his old high school over there, he always has a few tricks up his sleeve when he visits his home state.

We might have a new formation or two, but they are probably just to disguise running the ball left or right. I mean, he's also had 2 weeks to talk himself out of anything he was thinking about. look, its kirk and greg...we know what it's going to be. caveat: a complete surprise like '13 at OSU when we went with 8 TE sets and really caught OSU off guard.

Something new? Cirk added an emblem to the helmet.

V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V

latest

Last edited:
Maybe add some new blocking techniques, traps combo blocks etc. Definitely should try some new pass routes

Prep to stop the run with total gap pressure/penetration once in a while on first down to set them for a loss or no gain. More penetration on defense rather than read and react.

Who knows but I would like to see some new stuff.

I would like to see the defense lbkrs especially try to chuck these receivers off their routes early at the LOS.

Run some slants my gosh I see that pattern get great yardage for so many teams.

Well, Kirk is like the 64 year old lady in my office who politely says , "We've been doing things here the same way when I was 18" So, I guess no new wrinkles, no new schemes, and a playbook that reflects 3 yards to the right, 3 yards to left and a 1 yard pass then punt. Our playbook literally has 4 plays in it...

Latest posts