Poll: Who's Going To Win Tuesday?

Who's Going To Win Tuesday

• Don

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Joe

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're right about it not being the democratic playbook. They just upped the anti a lot this time. Most of that probably has to do with social media more than anything. But its only going to get worse because if Republicans want to win, they are going to have to up the anti even more. Whoever the Republican nomination is next time will here a lot of "you think Trump was bad? This guy makes Trump look like a saint".

We both agree that Trump did a bad job of creating a good image. Where we probabky disagree is how much of that was on Trump and how much was on the media. You're a fool if you think it was 100% Trump's fault just like you're a fool if you think it was 100% the media's fault. Most people are smart enough to agree that both played a part, while disagreeing on the percentages. I would say it was 75% media 25% Trump. Im guessing you would reverse those numbers.

The media does play a huge role in how people precieve politicians tho. They tricked a lot of Germans into believing Hitler was the good guy. Its equally 3asy to trick people into thinking a good guy is a bad guy. All you have to do is ignore everything he does thats good. (Like peace deals in the middle east). And blame everything bad on him. (Like racism and covid). If he says something good, don't put it in the news. If he says something that could be seen as bad if taken out of context, break it down into a clip and run with it. I've seen quite a few clips from the media that make Trump look bad. Then someone on Twitter posts the full interview and its completely fine. How many people do you think ever see that full video? I've said before on here, but the Charlottesville "good people on both sides" is the best example I've seen. Google the entire presser and see where he calls the kkk good people. Once you see the media do it once, its easier and easier to spot.

With regards to the next republican candidate I'm not so sure. I think the thing with Trump was he was well known by everyone outside of politics prior to running and people already had an opinion of him. If you were on board with him before he ran chances are you grew fonder of him. If you thought he was an egocentric asshole before he ran for President then I'm guessing that opinion didn't change and it probably got worse.

I may be totally naive, but at least where I'm coming from I think if the next candidate is a likable guy I don't think there'd be so many issues. I think when you bring a CEO mentality to the campaign, or office in general, as opposed to what we consider a career politician you lose that fake charm and replace it with a "my way or the highway" and "I'm wrong and your opinion is worthless" mentality. I strongly believe that his personality had more impact on the way he was perceived then his ideals or party affiliation.

Last edited:
The New York governor said "since where are protests supposed to be peaceful". Pelosi had some quote about there should be riots all over the country, perhaps there will be. Or something like that. I've watched two long videos on Twitter showing clips of democrats talking about riots and inciting violence.

Holy cow, you're one of the people who say he doesn't denounce white supremacy? I've also seen a video with clip after clip of him denouncing white supremacy. Now I will say, he does talk too politically when he does it to be careful not to piss off possible voters, just like all politicians do. Just like Biden did when asked about the violence from BLM. But thats all political bs that goes both ways, and frankly is ridiculous on both sides. But he has denounced white supremacy repeatedly.

I do agree that it was POSSIBLE someone could have been killed. We couldn't disagree more on the likelihood of that happening.

Whataboutism is the stupidest word ever created. What used to be called "calling out hypocrisy" (which is a good thing) is now called "whataboutism" which is a liberal term they needed to invent to shame people for calling out their bs. Im going to type the next part in caps to show how loud im screaming to try to get this to sink in. I'M NOT POINTING OUT BAD BEHAVIOR TO JUSTIFY OTHER BAD BEHAVIOR. I'M POINTING IT OUT TO POINT OUT HYPOCRISY!

It would be a waste of time to try to compare the two movements so I haven't even bothered once to do that. Each movement is an opinion based on what they believe. (Black people being mistreated for centuries isn't an opinion. The extent of how much of it is going on now is an opinion that gets greatly exaggerated every election year. Election fraud isn't an opinion. The extent of how much of it happened this election and whether it was enough to change results is. That has been greatly exaggeratedby Trump.) When I base my opinions on riots and violence, I try to leave my opinions on the two movements out of it because I recognize that the people on each side believe their opinions. It helps to understand the other side and also not be wishy washy on my opinions on riots and protesting. You say people who believe Trump are feeble-minded. I say the people who believe the media every election year are feeble-minded.
Good, impeach Cuomo then, I have no problem with that. I'm no fan of Pelosi at all either. Can't believe Biden became the president.

Did I miss when Trump denounced white supremacy? I guess he does have to be careful to not piss off KKK members and Nazi groups. Would hate to lose their votes.

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO COMPARE EVERYTHING TO WHAT THE LIBRULZ DO? I don't give two shits what they've done, charge them too, impeach them too. Why can't you look at one event without pointing to something else, well what about whey PELOSI AND SCHUMER AND CUOMO?? We discussed the whole BLM movement ad naseum all summer long. Let's talk about this event, You don't like whataboutism because it's all you've been doing. Pointing at other behavior and inferring "what about this"?

Of course the media sensationalizes everything, especially in election years. You think that's somehow a revelation?

You think that the Stop the Steal cause is as justified "because they believe it" as protesting racial inequality? That's pretty dangerous and incredibly naive.

I think one of the biggest mistakes he made was his open feud with the media. When you publicly come after an entity your going to receive backlash and while I agree that the media has done their part to make him look bad why add fuel to the fire.

You can't add gasoline to a fire and then cry when you get burned. He spent so much time feuding back with them that it got beyond simply being personal at both ends. And as hard as it would be to dismiss them I simply don't see how a political figure can use his podium to go right back after them knowing damn well its only going to make him look worse.

The problem from my point of view is very rarely has he not gotten his way and when he doesn't he blows up, because that's who he is. He went toe to toe with the media on the surface and got after it like it meant absolutely nothing to him on the outside, but internally fed into it even more. He wanted the power to control what was being said about him and it infuriated him to the point it played into his demise. The media wants that story and he gave him one that just made it easier and easier for them.
I completely agree with this with one caveat. I wasn't paying enough attention in the beginning to know what started what. If Trump let it go for quite awhile, then lashed back more and more as time went on, thats more understandable. Very unpresidential. But more understandable.

With regards to the next republican candidate I'm not so sure. I think the thing with Trump was he was well known by everyone outside of politics prior to running and people already had an opinion of him. If you were on board with him before he ran chances are you grew fonder of him. If you thought he was an egocentric asshole before he ran for President then I'm guessing that opinion didn't change and it probably got worse.

I may be totally naive, but at least where I'm coming from I think if the next candidate is a likable guy I don't think there'd be so many issues. I think when you bring a CEO mentality to the campaign, or office in general, as opposed to what we consider a career politician you lose that fake charm and replace it with a "my way or the highway" and "I'm wrong and your opinion is worthless" mentality. I strongly believe that his personality had more impact on the way he was perceived then his ideals or party affiliation.
I agree with this too as far as citizen's impression of him. I was talking about smear campaigns in my last post tho. Adds and politicians will be on the "he's (or she's) worse than Trump" train.

Good, impeach Cuomo then, I have no problem with that. I'm no fan of Pelosi at all either. Can't believe Biden became the president.

Did I miss when Trump denounced white supremacy? I guess he does have to be careful to not piss off KKK members and Nazi groups. Would hate to lose their votes.

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO COMPARE EVERYTHING TO WHAT THE LIBRULZ DO? I don't give two shits what they've done, charge them too, impeach them too. Why can't you look at one event without pointing to something else, well what about whey PELOSI AND SCHUMER AND CUOMO?? We discussed the whole BLM movement ad naseum all summer long. Let's talk about this event, You don't like whataboutism because it's all you've been doing. Pointing at other behavior and inferring "what about this"?

Of course the media sensationalizes everything, especially in election years. You think that's somehow a revelation?

You think that the Stop the Steal cause is as justified "because they believe it" as protesting racial inequality? That's pretty dangerous and incredibly naive.
If you think they should all be impeached too, then I guess we agree. All I want is equal treatment on both sides.

You're correct. Thats exactly why I don't like whataboutism. I think when people hate getting pointed out for hypocrisy so much that they have to make up a word for it, its childish.

I already discussed how stupid it is when politicians get political to not lose votes. They would gain more votes than they lose by firmly denouncing far right and far left people.

The media sensationalizing everything must be new because people still fall for it. They think Trump is the reason for higher racial tensions.

I still haven't given my opinion on which cause is more justified. All I say is you can protest equally in my eyes, reguarless of the cause. I don't care. At the same time, one cause doesn't get a pass for violence more than another cause in my eyes. Both are equally wrong. I'll say it again since you still don't get it. The cause is irrelevant to me. Protest is fine. Violence is bad.

Oh yeah, sorry about focusing on hypocrisy. It's one of my biggest pet peeves, reguarless of the subject its used in. I see it and I have to call it out. You cheat but bet mad because you found out your wife cheated? I'm calling you out. If you have any questions on my opinions on the Capital, I'm down for answering them.