Poll: Was Mr. Davis and Iowa robbed of a Big Ten Title during the 96-97 season?

Poll: Was Mr. Davis and Iowa robbed of a Big Ten Title during the 96-97 season?

• Yes

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters
One of the things that I remember from especially the 90's and early 2k's is the concern around the second half of the season and wondering who would not be academically eligible. It honestly felt like every year we were losing someone...

Is this even a thing in today's sports?

If not, why?

One of the things that I remember from especially the 90's and early 2k's is the concern around the second half of the season and wondering who would not be academically eligible. It honestly felt like every year we were losing someone...

Is this even a thing in today's sports?

If not, why?

Pretty much every school has academic centers for athletes and they are basically hand held throughout their entire college careers, especially if they need help.

Add in overall grade inflation, and it's just a lot easier to stay eligible.

Pretty much every school has academic centers for athletes and they are basically hand held throughout their entire college careers, especially if they need help.

Add in overall grade inflation, and it's just a lot easier to stay eligible.
I think the internet, Facebook, etc. helps quite a bit as well, makes it easier for athletes on many levels when their travel schedule plays havoc with class attendance.

The internet was just gaining momemtum in the early to mid nineties and Facebook wouldn't hit the scene for another decade.

Latest posts