Poll of the Day: Shoelace with an actual poll this time

What Kind of Day does Shoelace have

• He's gonna look like the Heisman contender he is.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • He's gonna get beat on, hard.

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • He's going to have his moments but Iowa finds a way to keep him in check enough to win.

Votes: 80 78.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He'll have his moments and we'll still win by 17+.

Quit calling him Shoelace...why has he earned a nickname from opposing fans? Everyone still knows him as Denard Robinson.

That's his nickname, he's had it for some time now. I don't see what the big fuss is about calling him Shoelace or D-Rob. I don't call him that all the time, but really, who cares if I do, besides you?

That's his nickname, he's had it for some time now. I don't see what the big fuss is about calling him Shoelace or D-Rob. I don't call him that all the time, but really, who cares if I do, besides you?

After Saturday let's call him... beaten-up and sore as hell.

I think he'll run for about 100 and throw for about 225. If he has bad INTs like against MSU Iowa will probably win. If not, I see a lot of trouble.

Iowa isn't as aggressive as MSU on defense. They do allow QBs to get into a good rythm. They will move the ball against Iowa. Will he throw INTs or TDs in the redzone?

I think he'll run for about 100 and throw for about 225. If he has bad INTs like against MSU Iowa will probably win. If not, I see a lot of trouble.

Iowa isn't as aggressive as MSU on defense. They do allow QBs to get into a good rythm. They will move the ball against Iowa. Will he throw INTs or TDs in the redzone?
That's about the yardage I would say, too.

If he gets in the red zone he might be more tentative with his passing this week. I'm sure he's been preached at all week about ball security in the red zone. So the Hawks may not get INTs but I don't think DRob will get passing TDs in the redzone.

Iowa needs to pound the ball, get an early lead, and get into Michigan's head that they have to score every time. Then UM presses and mistakes will happen.

Robinson will not get to 100 yds. rushing, but he will have 200 or more passing. The D-line will contain Robinson, and he will end up thrown 2 or 3 picks (as long as we catch them!). We dropped 2 sure picks against Penn St., and we should have scored 31+

Either way I as long as we don't turn the ball over, we should win fairly comfortably, just as Michigan St. did.

Apparently he gave a very emotional and uplifting "rally the troops" speech to the team the other day and his teamates said they had never seen him so emotional but the team really rallied around him. As corny as it sounds, I think this could spell trouble for the Hawks.

Coming off bye week + motivated opponent = ugly start (can the Hawks get out of this hole?)

I would pull that shoe off in the bottom of the pile every time I could. Give it a little toss and that will slow down the pace of the O.

I would pull that shoe off in the bottom of the pile every time I could. Give it a little toss and that will slow down the pace of the O.

You beat me to it. I had this vision of Karl Klug walking slowly away from the pile with a sly smile, holding DR's shoe, and getting a flag thrown for delay of game.

Maybe he could hide it in his pads or pants.

Latest posts