Poll: How Many Wins in Regular Season?

What will Iowa's regular season record be

• Total voters
I give us a fair shot at IU, but not confident about any before Turkey Day ... are you?

Ive got us at 9-3 so yeah I guess I have a little more confidence than you

We lost to a top 10 team...sure it sucked but I dont get all the gloom and doom

I stand by 8-4.
(Full prediction, including scores for every remaining game, in the "How Iowa Finishes - revisited" thread I started this morning.)

Losses to MSU and NW. MSU will physically punish Iowa like Wisky did and is looking at a possible national title opportunity as long as the #1's keep losing. Huge motivation to achieve 9-0 (just like Iowa v MSU last season). Both teams have experienced, accurate QB's who will exploit the LB's and CB's -- Iowa's achiles heel on defense.

Iowa no better than the Outback (assuming Wisky goes BCS) and more likely lower.

i really wonder how good of an offense we could have if we would just let it fly? i really think we're going to have to be aggressive the rest of the way if we want to run the table from here out. i think we have to horses to do it.
i'll go with 9-3, because we play every game close, and i don't like those odds.

My heart tells me 10-2, my brain tells me 8-4/9-3, so I'll go with the "average" and say 9-3 (8-4 if we don't turn the offense loose). The special teams issues are not going away this season. It's late enough in the year that we just are who we are. The team will look tremendously better in whatever bowl game we end up in, though.

Exactly what I was thinking... They are good enough to make a run but they have enough holes to allow for another lose.

I said 10-2 to start the year (losses to Arizona and Michigan). This looks like an 8-4 team. I honestly think this team is still capable of beating anyone on the schedule. However, anyone could beat Iowa outside of Minnesota right now. I believe there is still too much talent to drop below 8-4. The team would have to pack it in for that to happen.

I think 8-4 because of the inconsistency of this team. I actually see Iowa beating MSU only to have problems on the road at either Northwestern or Indiana. I think Northwestern probably gets us again. We will need a real inspired effort to beat OSU and I'm call that a loss. So, wins against MSU, Indiana, and Minny.

Last edited:
Breaking this down...

We have these 5 games left:

Michigan State
@ Indiana
@ NW
Ohio State
@ Minnesota

Looking at that schedule and comparing it to the team I've seen this year, I' hope we can go 3-2 the rest of the way and finish at 8-4. Anything above that is gravy.

Michigan State Loss.
@ Indiana Loss.
@ NW Win.
Ohio State Loss.
@ Minnesota Win.

Final record: 7-5.

Indiana torched us last year and our D was light years ahead of what it is this year, I really fear that It may turn into a no contest this year. I still have qualms about marking NW as a win this year, sure extra special circumstances lead to our loss last year but they just seem to have our number.

Latest posts