• Yes

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tksirius

HN's Love Doctor
Last time Iowa finished a season with less than 10 wins was 1973/74 season. They went 8-16.

Before the Penn St game I was thinking they could win the rest of their non conference games minus Iowa st. Now? With a roster where 75 percent of the players should be at Coe? I say no way

As crazy as it seems, 10 wins might be the cap for this team. Which doesn't hardly seem possible. I still cannot fathom how this team cannot win 10 games.

I voted yes only because I thought they would win 20 when season began and I can't quite come to grips with how far off I really was.:(

Reactions: ISC
I started a thread after PennSt asking where the W's would come ...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In another thread, BGOLD posted that KenPom predicted Hawks get 3 conference W's. Assuming PennSt was one of them, so, wondering what the other 2 he predicted and others' thoughts.

Here's what I see ... at Rutgers, at Nebraska, at PennSt are best possibilities for B1G14 W's.
Other than that, maybe home vs OhSt & vs Indy. Hoping they win 3 of these 5?

Overall, I'm thinking Hawks will win 5 to 7 more games:
2 = Southern, Southen Utah (comfortably in that 320+ ranking, similar to the other teams Hawks have destroyed.)
1 = N. Illannoy (246) tougher competition but Hawks should eek it out.
1? = Drake; it'll be their "NCAA" game, in their backyard, and, at a 193 KenPom ranking, that team can compete with Iowa.
3 in B1G14.

I'm looking to reduce stress and avoid disappointment, so, appreciate anyone's help in choosing which games to bother watching.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you can see, at the time, I settled on 9 -11 TOTAL for the season. After another wash-rinse-repeat at Indiana, it's obvious the Hawks already had their lunch money taken, that Fran is utterly clueless and has thrown in the towel and that no coach or player has the moxie, the grit, nor the pride to come back this season. IT. IS. LOST.

Would like to hold out hope for 3 W's in the B1G14 but it's hard to think this team can beat a P5 opponent. I also think they lose to either either N. Illannoy or Drake.

Gotta vote 'NO' on 10 W's

This team has to win more than 10. I cannot see any reason it wont.

They really cant be as bad as they are playing,

Im hoping we are just not playing up to our potential. We have way too many 4* guys to not win 4.

I voted yes.. Just barely, though. There are some soft looking non-con games left on the schedule. Plus I figure they'll eek out a couple in the Big Ten. But, it's not looking pretty.

This team has to improve at least some... right? If it doesn't, then 10 might be a stretch.

This could look a lot like Lickliter's last year... 10-22.

Right now I will give the benefit of the doubt and hoping for better with Connor in the lineup. But, they may just barely get there.

Id like to think they win 3 of the 4 games vs Southern, Drake, Northern Illinois and Southern Utah. So theres at least 7 wins. Last year Rutgers went 3-15 in the big ten. Id like to think that's our floor.

So bam. 10 wins

This is the year we win the BTT..............or not;)

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! That would be hilarious!!!!!!! Ole Fran “SIKE!!!” Then on to the final four!!! Lol!!!

I heard he met Kirk at the Village Inn for breakfast before the season started and ole Kirk told him the secrets of how to get a twenty year contract from Barta. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts