POINTS OFF TURNOVERS: 45-16

What did the Hawks have......something like 31+ turnovers for the game?

I don't think it was that high, but it was approaching 30. When Iowa had Minnesota in their 1/2 court offense, they actually defended the Gophers pretty well. But when you turn it over 30 times against a team that fast that can run, it's going to cost you.

Defended them well? The Minnesota guards did whatever they wanted with Iowa's guards. They were so much quicker than Iowa. At one point, Minnesota had as many points inside the paint 42 as Iowa had total points 46. That is not defending or rebounding well. Payne played off his man about 6 ft and still got beat anytime his man wanted to take it to the basket. The difference between players was never more apparent than today (or Texas).

And the pressure defense just picked the Iowa guards pockets all night until Tubby called off the dogs with about 10:00 left in the game. This wasn't even a game.

I thought Iowa would have a bunch of these games on the road but I didn't think they would have these at home.

Defended them well? The Minnesota guards did whatever they wanted with Iowa's guards. They were so much quicker than Iowa. At one point, Minnesota had as many points inside the paint 42 as Iowa had total points 46. That is not defending or rebounding well. Payne played off his man about 6 ft and still got beat anytime his man wanted to take it to the basket. The difference between players was never more apparent than today (or Texas).

And the pressure defense just picked the Iowa guards pockets all night until Tubby called off the dogs with about 10:00 left in the game. This wasn't even a game.

I thought Iowa would have a bunch of these games on the road but I didn't think they would have these at home.

I simply said the Iowa had better success defending the gophers when they were actually able to set up the defense, as opposed to chasing the Gophers down to other end after yet another turnover.

I don't think it was that high, but it was approaching 30. When Iowa had Minnesota in their 1/2 court offense, they actually defended the Gophers pretty well. But when you turn it over 30 times against a team that fast that can run, it's going to cost you.

I agree.

Latest posts