Podolak's comments on Soundoff

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
-Thinks the time zone factor is overblown
-Feels Iowa will control both lines of scrimmage again
-Reiterated his preseason comments that this is the most talented Iowa team he has seen in 30 years
-Said Norm Parker told him before the year that Neilsen is faster than Edds, and he said he thinks Tarpinian is more physical than Angerer.
-Says one key is how cleanly DB's tackle on the edges tonight
-Ken O'Keefe told him after training camp broke in late August that "I am glad to see that defense go away." meaning it was tough on his offense in camp...which may be the reason for the rapid progress of the OL this year.

Good stuff. I VERY MUCH think that the DB's will be a huge factor. If they make tackles, Zona can't do much with our LB in zone.

I also think Iowa will win the LOS on both sides & physically wear AZ down throughout the game. Look for Iowa to pull away later.

Loved listening to it Jon! Thanks! Like he said...it maybe the most talented team, but he said if they come to play and make the plays, thats the difference! as its getting closer to 9:30 the adrenaline is pumping!

I also think Iowa will win the LOS on both sides & physically wear AZ down throughout the game. Look for Iowa to pull away later.

This.

I absolutely agree. I think that it could be dicey early and make us squirm a bit. But late in the 3rd and into the fourth, I think our depth and strength will show.....as long as we don't make too many mistakes.

Just like what Jon posted last week about how he heard Okeefe say that we were sucking the life out of ISU on the lines. I agree this will be what happens every single game! I think we suck the life out of the LOS and we just batter AZ again. GO HAWKS BABY!

There's NOTHING better than to see a team win the game because of physical and dominating line play.

Latest posts