Podcast thread

I listened to a little Iowa Everywhere and half the time is talking about gambling.

It’s funny how holier than thou Miller is as reactionary as us these days though.

Most of these podcasts guys are annoying to listen to, especially the guys who go solo thinking they are going to be the next big thing. I'm talking about the guy who found the best $350 1970's retro style microphone on Amazon shoved in front of their face with their $2.99 dollar store banner hanging in the back to look like a "studio". They are so brutal to listen to. There are a few decent one's, but they are few and far between.

I think everybody has one now. I need to get busy and get my azz to the Dollar Store.

Last edited:
share links to podcasts or other media (maybe this could be pinned?)

I'll begin with Chad and Doc
Liestikow is such a Ferentz homer, somewhat sickening to listen to.

His long form interview with Brian a while back sent it over the edge for me.

I like Trent Condon on "Locked on Hawkeyes" and Cory from "Hawkeye of the Storm", especially when he's on Mark Rogers show. Both are Hawkeye fans who happen to have a podcast, but both are professional. Cory has a lot of interviews with future Hawks, I like that. Trent is part of the "Locked on Network", he does a good job with previews. Listen some to "Washed on Walkons" but they don't really cover the Hawks much but they get some great former and current players on.

I like Trent Condon on "Locked on Hawkeyes" and Cory from "Hawkeye of the Storm", especially when he's on Mark Rogers show. Both are Hawkeye fans who happen to have a podcast, but both are professional. Cory has a lot of interviews with future Hawks, I like that. Trent is part of the "Locked on Network", he does a good job with previews. Listen some to "Washed on Walkons" but they don't really cover the Hawks much but they get some great former and current players on.
I tend to agree with Condon more on things. He's pretty blunt with his two cents but he's not on the Iowa beat per say and doesn't have to worry about stepping on coaches toes with their feelings. But he's a part of a larger network or whatever as an independent contractor.

Cory is young he doesn't go back very far with his memories about things. Not his fault just is what it is but when he has coach Don Patterson on I like hearing his takes and stories. Corys rants I find tough to listen to but he does get former players and incoming recruits on to talk to. And Brad Henrichs the head of the Swarm he's an interesting guy.

Cory's grown on me and I find myself listening to him. I like Mark Rogers as well.

Trent and his style always sounding excited kind of bugs me. I can't get into that one. Prob a nice guy but I just can't listen to it.

Cory's grown on me and I find myself listening to him. I like Mark Rogers as well.

Trent and his style always sounding excited kind of bugs me. I can't get into that one. Prob a nice guy but I just can't listen to it.
Trent is a radio guy and I think that style of speaking is a habit for him. I know what you mean he'll go from kinda soft and subdued to loud and excited like he's calling a game. I just wish I could hear the 5-10 mins of what I want without having to hear the other 10-15 mins of commercials and other ranting I didn't when I turn it on. Such is life I suppose

There are a handful that probably have some redeeming value, but by and large they suck. I think they're in a big bubble and there will be far fewer of them in a few years when the ad money dries up.

Yea, it's getting really watered down and too much content out there. A bubble is the correct term and way to view it I think.

I can do them.
They stirred the pot the other day about how they think CC could score 10 pts a game for the mens team...

I couldn't disagree more with that sort of take I think she'd (and every other female) would really really struggle with D1 men. I'm sure she could train with a mens ball and still be able to catch and shoot. But as far as her being able to really create for herself and play with men I can't see that. Yet for some reason that sort of take triggers some folks. I don't see it as some negative degrading thing about her or women. It just is what it is. It's like saying JBo couldn't play against a guy like Ja Morant. Well obviously no shit.

Look at a guy like Aaron Ulis the last few yrs for us for example too. He's 6'3 190 lbs so he has 3 inches and like 40ish lbs on her along with being stronger/quicker/faster. He only scored 4 pts a game in 80 something games for us. How's CC going to do any better? I just can't see it.

Latest posts