Plewa and Cox

The props they got from Griese & Co were the only thing the boys in the booth got right all day.

^^ agree, Griese was pretty bad today what little I heard (Eddie P much better). There are not a ton of FB jobs in the NFL but enuf they might get a look.

You can add Jacob Hillyer to this thread. I agree with Plewa and Cox wholeheartedly, but Jacob was responsible for a ton of yards after catch by backs out of the backfield and rushing yards after the backs get to the 3rd level. His blocking downfield is playing a huge part in the run games success this season.
Hats off to all 3 of these guys!

Only on an Iowa message board would there be a thread dedicated to praising the fullbacks. While much deserved after the jNW game, fans from other teams are probably on wikipedia right now trying to figure out what the hell a fullback is.

Only on an Iowa message board would there be a thread dedicated to praising the fullbacks. While much deserved after the jNW game, fans from other teams are probably on wikipedia right now trying to figure out what the hell a fullback is.

Stole my thunder.

Team Football equals success and these Hawkeyes are showing it.This team is fun to watch and when we get healthier LOOK OUT.

Stanford, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin and Iowa. Tight ends and Fullbacks. A different look that the rest of the schedule. Takes some extra prep now days.

that would not be fun being a LB or a safety looking down the barrel and seeing one of these fullbacks focused on you........these guys are great at what they do - that being said - remember - both of them being injured last year - and why the running game is better this year than last - this is certainly one key.

X factors. Who plays fb next year? Kulich? What's the background on him?

Kulich looked pretty good on his catch at the end. Just looked up his high school sports background, he sounds like a pretty great all-around athlete (LB and WR in football, also starred in track and swimming).

This is just crazy talk, but I wonder if LeShun Daniels can block? He is about the same size as Cox or Kulich, and he is noted for his strength. If Mitchell and Wadley keep progressing and one of the young backs comes on, it might be a way to get even more playmaking on the field. He could always switch back to RB in an emergency.

Then again, it is a unique skill-set that people like Plewa and Cox possess, and there is no guarantee that Daniels could pull it off, no matter how big, strong, and athletic he is. Also, by the end of the NW game, Iowa had 1 of its top 4 RBs available, so you can never really have too many guys at that position. Like I said, just crazy talk.

edit: so it is clear, I was speaking about next year. No way you would think about such a move this year with our FBs playing like they are.

Last edited:
Yes Daniels strength is historical (holds Iowa bench press record for RB).

I was extremely impressed with our fullbacks and line blocking. We are getting better as the season progresses in spite of all the injuries. Blocking and tackling is the base for success, and we're building.

Latest posts