Please tell me this won't happen!!

hawk1978

I've heard some talk (rumors I hope!) that C.J Beathard is thinking of transferring to UNI.
Just the thought of this happens pi**es me off. I wonder if Ferentz knows what a valuable commodity
he has in C.J.
Has anyone heard anything about this?

I've heard some talk (rumors I hope!) that C.J Beathard is thinking of transferring to UNI.
Just the thought of this happens pi**es me off. I wonder if Ferentz knows what a valuable commodity
he has in C.J.

Kirk could care less. Jake is his guy and has been from day 1.

Good for CJ if true. Transfer and get onto the field right away.

Interesting for UNI as Sawyer Kollmorgen is a junior. Maybe he is no longer starting otherwise UNI does not make sense for an FCS transfer?

Kurt Warner went to UNI, correct? Never gonna make the league if you don't have any experience or a tape.

That said, even one full year as a starter at Iowa would be enough for him to get a shot at the league if he performs during his Senior year at the level his flashes show us.

he has in C.J.

It was me. Just kidding.

So let me get this straight... He's going to transfer to another school so he can compete for one year and then have a year to start? Tell me what the differences with his current situation.

he has in C.J.
Speculation in general is that he is gone after the season.

Speculation in general is that he is gone after the season.
I will say this... If all the speculation is true and he gone, then why should KirFer play him (as many have clammored for)? If he is gonna leave, then why should the coach give him opportunity to put a tape together?

If he transfers it won't be to UNI for crying out loud. He would go to a SEC, Big 12, or Pac 12 team...why would you leave Iowa to play at UNI, especially when you have his talent. I could see Bert at Arkansas signing him...if he needs a QB in two years.

That being said, his year to leave was this one. To go to another school now, makes no sense...learn a new offense on the scout team for a year, then get to play one year. Unless he's graduating now, it doesn't work out for him...he's better off staying. KF would have to give him assurances that he can beat Jake out, but I'm sure he's skeptical there.

I hope he stays...and improves to the point of God-Like status in practice. Bodes well for us.

So let me get this straight... He's going to transfer to another school so he can compete for one year and then have a year to start? Tell me what the differences with his current situation.

Any FBS player that transfers to a FCS school does not have to sit out a season.

Someone I know in the Quad Cities who knows his grandpa, former NFL GM Bobby Beathard, said he's gone after this season.

Would really be a shame and I hope he reconsiders if true. Hope Kirk opens the job up for competition next year, but I think his young man crush on Rudock will prevail.

Kurt Warner went to UNI, correct? Never gonna make the league if you don't have any experience or a tape.

That said, even one full year as a starter at Iowa would be enough for him to get a shot at the league if he performs during his Senior year at the level his flashes show us.

See Mark Vlasic, Brad Banks, Nathan Chandler - 1 yr., Sr. yr players - all had excellent seasons - can happen again

See Mark Vlasic, Brad Banks, Nathan Chandler - 1 yr., Sr. yr players - all had excellent seasons - can happen again
Chandler did not have an "excellent" season. He was able to lean on an excellent defense and strong running game to lead the Hawks to 10 wins, but QB play that year wasn't exactly stellar. His total season numbers were 53.7 % completion and 2,040 yards (156.9 ypg over 13 games). He also threw 10 picks. Actually, those numbers are pretty terrible. Vandy in 2012 and JC6 both threw for more yards with similar completion %s. Chandler had a slightly better efficiency rating than both.

Last edited:
Any FBS player that transfers to a FCS school does not have to sit out a season.
I know that. What I'm getting at is that Sawyer Kolmorgan (sp?) is a junior. He competes with him next year for the starting position. Then after Sawyer graduates CJ starts. Thus my post… He competes for year and then has year start.

I will say this... If all the speculation is true and he gone, then why should KirFer play him (as many have clammored for)? If he is gonna leave, then why should the coach give him opportunity to put a tape together?

Perhaps it is because kfootball hasn't played the better football player (CJ) that he is (rumored to be) considering a transfer. You see, it would actually be the reverse of what you are saying.

I know that. What I'm getting at is that Sawyer Kolmorgan (sp?) is a junior. He competes with him next year for the starting position. Then after Sawyer graduates CJ starts. Thus my post… He competes for year and then has year start.
Kollmorgen got yanked as the starter several weeks ago. The transfer from Nebraska starts for them now, and he's a senior. There wouldn't be much of a competition if CJ is involved. Farley knows how to recognize and play his best players.

Someone I know in the Quad Cities who knows his grandpa, former NFL GM Bobby Beathard, said he's gone after this season.

Would really be a shame and I hope he reconsiders if true. Hope Kirk opens the job up for competition next year, but I think his young man crush on Rudock will prevail.

This year would have been the year for that to happen. I have no reason to believe this will happen next year..

I hope CJB sticks around, but I won't be surprised if he leaves.

Latest posts