Please Play Jacobs #5 at DE

I don't know where he should play but I was really impressed against ISU how he was able to get his hands on the ball to break up almost sure pass completions to WR's and to cause the running back to fumble.

He is playing the correct position and playing it well. Its the first time in a decade I am rooting for Iowa to play a 4-3. And Belton is a stud too.

That said, I could see putting Jacobs in a rush position in that Raider package where everyone stands up and bounces around. He could be a force rushing the passer or he could back out and cover. Guys like that should give coordinators the giggles as they design packages and schemes.

Not Jacobs specific, but in rewatching the ISU game, there was really only one big play the defense gave up and it was that long pass near the end of the first half. ISU ran a perfect play and got their receiver just over the top of the LBs and Campbell I think it was missed the ball by inches. The pass was absolutely perfect and Purdy held it for as long as possible with the d line bearing down on him. I'm actually pretty excited about this defense.

Not Jacobs specific, but in rewatching the ISU game, there was really only one big play the defense gave up and it was that long pass near the end of the first half. ISU ran a perfect play and got their receiver just over the top of the LBs and Campbell I think it was missed the ball by inches. The pass was absolutely perfect and Purdy held it for as long as possible with the d line bearing down on him. I'm actually pretty excited about this defense.
I'd have to agree. Barring injuries and wear/tear. Easy to forget what ISU was last year and likely will be this year, though UNI is a head scatcher. Not that the Hawks haven't been there before.

Latest posts