Please Place ?s for 4-15 Mailbag Podcast Here

I love how the Hawkeyes have been dipping their toes into a wider recruiting waters throughout the south and now a little more out west. As I have formally lived in the south for 30 years, I think they need to hit the Valdosta/Colquit/Thomasville areas a little bit more. These areas are in about a 50 mile radius of each other and put out an incredible number of D-1 talent and State Championships. As a program we already have a strong connection in Valdosta with Valdosta State University. No real question here, but I would like to see Iowa start building relationships in this talent rich area just a few hours north of Tampa. Can you mention to Coach Foster about these areas he’s missing out on. There are Hawkeye fans in SOWEGA (southwest Georgia) too!

Last edited:
Do you expect any additional commitments in the near future? Maybe Parks or someone else we've been in on for a while?

I feel recruiting has really been on the uptick in recent cycles and I think many would likely agree with that. What do you think has been the main contributor to that? Younger recruiters (Bell, Barnes, Foster, BF), social media, facility improvements, better identification of players etc. ?

What happened with the recruitment of Marcus Mbow? He set an announcement date, and was on the verge of committing to the Hawks. Did the no visit policy cause him to reconsider, or is that no longer a thing?

Who would you take to win in a 3 point contest that featured the following in their prime.

Kent McCausland, Chris Kingsbury, and Jordan Bohannon?

Latest posts